What to do with a rabbit in the fridge?

Actually, roasting rabbit is fine, as long as you are very careful not to overcook it. Personally, if I were to roast or grill the rabbit, I would brine it first. Lean meat does not necessarily mean you need a moist environment for best results (see filet mignon or pork tenderloin, for instance). However, lots of connective tissue (as well exercised parts of the rabbit have, which is most of them), make it a candidate to stewing or slow cooking. I generally like my rabbit stewed.

Hasenpfeffer seems wrong with rabbit instead of hare. Another recipe with blood is jugged hare. I’ve cooked it twice. First was hare stew, which could’ve been better. Second was with rabbit which was simple and easy. Soak in brine overnight. Cut into chunks if not done. Put salt and pepper and other preferred spices in some flour and coat rabbit. Fry up and serve with gravy if preferred.

I have seen a recipe for roast rabbit. Naturally it said the rabbit should be heavily larded. But I’d rather use it in Jambalaya. Not sure what to balance the flavor with, seafood doesn’t seem right. Maybe a light ham or andouille sausage.

It is a Westinghouse. What do you think the rabbit was doing in there?

Tasso.

Gesundheit!

Yeah, I didn’t want to overpower the rabbit with too many spices, but there’s probably some version that’s just right for a rabbit jambalaya.

Eh, tasso is fine for chicken jambalaya; it’s fine for rabbit. Just use less of it if you’re worried about overpowering the flavor. Personally, I’m not big on subtlety of flavor when it comes to jambalaya. I don’t load it with spices, not at all, but I’m not afraid of letting some smoked flavors take over. I would use about half by weight of tasso to rabbit.

That sounds like it would work. I vary the level of spices with the type of meat. For scallops and other mild flavored seafood I’ll cut back on the seasonings, so after I try it, the proper proportions will be clear. I’d probably use cut up pieces of whole rabbit, bone it, just like with chicken.

If the cartoons are over, it’s time for the main feature:
Roman Polanski’s Repulsion.
Watch that for an idea or two…

Take it out, put in an elephant.