What to do with all this chicken?

I have a bunch of skinless, boneless chicken tenders in the freezer.

I’ve been pounding it flat and frying it for sandwiches, but I’m looking for new ideas. The simpler, the better.

My spice rack is well stocked. I have access to Middle Eastern, Asian, Indian and Mexican grocery stores. I have a gas stove, a variety of pots and pans, microwave, George Foreman grill and an offset charcoal grill/smoker.

Maybe a big pot of chicken curry?

Tomato sauce with bite-sized pieces of chicken simmered in and italian herbs, to eat with pasta.

I’ve had this recipe tagged for a while but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

It calls for lamb, but I’m sure chicken would work fine.

Mix up two or three tablespoons of Asian “sweet chili sauce”, a minced lemongrass stalk, and some grated ginger. Cut up the tenders into chunks, thread them on skewers, and liberally coat them with the sauce. Grill on a hot grill pan or the 'cue and serve with white rice, sprinkled with chopped green onions.

I just saw this blog post on Pinterest. A bunch of recipes for “dump chicken” where you put chicken in a bag with other stuff and freeze it then dump it into a pan later to cook it.

It says " You take raw (never frozen) OR Frozen chicken pieces, toss them into a One Gallon Freezer Bag, then toss in the sauce and freeze flat. The key is never RE-FREEZE Raw chicken. " so my guess is that you can prepare the mix and add it to a bag and then add some frozen chicken to the bag then freeze it all. Just don’t let the chicken thaw out during that time.

Thai green curry. Yum.

Stir-fry.

Simpler - marinate & poach or grill.

Use whatever sounds good. Boil some of the marinade up for a sauce. Lemon juice + oregano; lime juice + basil; orange juice + ginger; white wine + rosemary. That sort of thing.

Only needs to marinate for about a half-hour or so prior to cooking, which gives you time to make a salad or grain to go along with.

I usually have a bagful of boneless skinless chicken breasts in my freezer as well. Usually, they end up in one of four things (after being defrosted, of course):

1. Cut into thin strips; cook them on the Foreman grill; chop them into very fine pieces; stick in a sourdough roll; top with shredded cheddar - Chickensteak Sandwich

2. Cube; fry in a pan for a few minutes; dump into a pot with tomato sauce, peas, potatoes, and curry powder - Chicken Curry

3. Chicken Casserole - pretty much just chicken, Cream of Chicken soup, chicken broth, and either rice or pasta

4. Pound it flat, coat it with spices and/or soy sauce, place a slice of ham and a slice of swiss cheese on it, fold it over, secure with a toothpick, then in the oven for about 25 minutes - Chicken Cordon Bleu (actually, the way I make it, it’s barely good enough to be Chicken Cordon Blanc)

I love the chickensteak sandwich. Here’s a variation:

Cut chicken into thin strips, saute in butter or olive oil with diced onions, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add a cup of tomato sauce, a tablespoon each of brown sugar, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce. Dump in as much hot sauce as you like and a splash or chicken stock (or beer or water). Simmer until thick, adding stock as needed.

Spoon into a roll, top with bleu cheese crumbles, and you have my version of a Buffalo chicken sandwich.

Chicken fricasse
[I prefer bone in chicken but what the heck]
3 pieces chicken, 1 qt water, 2 qt saucepan
1 bouquet garni of t tbsp italian herbs and about 6 whole blackpeppercorns wrapped in kitchen gauze and tied shut tossed into pot.

Simmer for 1 hour, then remove and reserve chicken, remove and toss out bouquet garni, leave broth in pot on low and simmer until water is reduced to 1 cup. Cool chicken until you can shred it.

Bake biscuits.

Put shredded chicken back into broth, add 1.5 tbsp corn starch to 1 cup cold milk and blend well. Add to pot and stir gently. Simmer and stir occasionally every couple minutes until sauce has thickened. Taste and correct salt and pepper, add a dash of tabasco if you want. Split a couple biscuits and top with glop.

Chicken A La King
Paul Prudhomme’s is the best recipe that I have found for it.

I don’t do the butter/flour drops into the pot–I make a light brown roux instead to add flavor.

It is very good.

here is a link: http://www.chefpaul.com/site.php?pageID=300&cat=15&view=225

Didn’t you see Avengers? Shawarma! Brine it with chopped onion in lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, and cardamom, then broil or grill it.

This recipe is for some Chicken Curry from a site called “The Amateur Gourmet”.

I went through a very brief period when I tried a bunch of curry recipes and bought a bunch of curry spices and mixed my own spices. But in the end, I just found curry to be pretty disgusting and I can’t stand it any longer.

However, the site is really great because it has pictures of preparing the recipe every stage along the way.

For a long time, I have been saying that is exactly what recipe sites need and I’ve never found any that shows as many pictures as this site did.

So, even though I can’t stand curry, I would recommend anyone looking for a new recipe site give this one a look.

At least once a week when I’m too tired after work to “really cook” we make Lazy-ass Buffalo Chicken - youse take you two chicken breasts, you slice them bite-size, brown them in a skillet, then simmer in some buffalo wing sauce from the grocery store for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, you’re roasting some broccoli in the oven. After 20 minutes, if the chicken ain’t done you take out the broccoli from the oven, turn everything off, and pop that skillet in the oven for another ten or so. No brains required, everybody’s happy.

Sometimes I salt them (both sides), season them, seal them well in a baking dish or just in foil, and bake them in the oven, then brown them in a frying pan for 3-4 minutes a side. Then I let them rest while I make up a quick sauce and serve over brown rice. Doing it that way keeps the chicken crispy on the outside but very tender and juicy within. I also sometimes cook the chicken like this and then dice it to use in salads or pasta.

You could also poach them, shred the meat, and make chicken tacos or enchiladas.

Dammit, now I’m hungry.

Thanks! I’m bookmarking this. :slight_smile:

Make sure you let us know! And take pictures! And send me some of whatever it is in dry ice-packed tupperware!

Thaw slightly, dice into 1/4" cubes. Put in pan and add onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne. Cook. Stuff tacos.

fajitas, chicken salad, white chicken chili (it’s white not red), shredded in casseroles, burritos or BBQ sandwiches…

Similar to Sophia’s lazy chicken recipe*, last night I made barbecue chicken, with my extra-secret sauce recipe coughbottled saucecough We ate the chicken on toasted hamburger buns:

Salt and pepper chicken (I used skinned and boned thighs)
Grill for about four minutes on George Forman, or outside grill
Place chicken in baking dish
Cover with Extra Secret Sauce
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes

Sauce
Half a bottle of barbecue sauce (Kraft or whatever)
Half cup ketchup
Tablespoon minced garlic
Chopped parsley
Apple cider vinegar to substantially thin the sauce (a cup maybe?)
Black pepper to taste
Chipotle pepper (sauce or ground) to taste

Whisk all ingredients. Heat any remaining sauce on stove for them that like it saucy, or save for future use.

• I actually served this to my extended family at the beach (20 people). Raved.