What tourist sites in your own city have you never visited?

I’ve lived near Washington DC for more than ten years, and I have been to quite a few museums and monuments.

But I have never been to the top of the Washington Monument, inside the White House, or the Capitol Building. It’s not that I don’t want to visit these places, I just haven’t gotten around to it.

What sites in your city have you never visited?

I live in Chicago, but haven’t been either of the famous skyscraper observation decks (the former Sears Tower and the former Hancock building). At least not since I was a child too young to remember.

I have, however, been the top of the AON Center quite frequently which has an absolutely fantastic view so I don’t think I’m completely missing out.

I have never done the Underground Tour in Seattle, or been on our Big Wheel.

Lived in this area since 1987. I can’t think of anything else I haven’t done at least once.

When I lived in San Jose for many years I never visited the Winchester Mystery House, or Alcatraz near SF.

My current metro area has few tourist attractions, and I have been to all of them.

Edit: Interestingly, I have been to all the things mentioned in the first three posts, except the Big Wheel.

There really aren’t too many sights in the Capital District of NY, so I’ve hit them all.

This reminds me of back a few decades when I was on the Odd Fellows UN Pilgramage to NYC. There were several people from NYC who went to the observation deck of the Empire State Building for the first time when they took us there.

I’ve never been to Ron Jon surf shop. Probably because I’m not a surfer. I think that Kennedy Space Center and wildlife refuge is slightly too far to be considered in my city, but I have been there.

The Statue of Liberty.

I can see it from my work, but I’m really not that interested in a long tourist trip to get right up close.

I have been in the DC area since 1983 and never been in the Washington Monument.

Iolani Palace, the only royal palace in the US. I pass it all the time. We meant to visit it during our grad-school days in the early 1990s too. Just can’t seem to get around to it.

I think the best I can do is sports venues: I’ve never been in the current Browns stadium, nor the Cavs arena (though I have been in the current Indians stadium, and the old Municipal Stadium which was home to both the Indians and the Browns). Oh, and I think there’s some sort of aviation museum at Burke Lakefront Airport, too, and I’ve never been there, either.

I have, however, been to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Western Reserve Historical Society/Crawford Auto and Aviation Museum, the Great Lakes Science Center, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, all of the Playhouse Square theaters, the Cleveland Playhouse back when it was separate from Playhouse Square, Severance Hall, Blossom Music Center, the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo (including Rainforest), the Cleveland Health Museum, the Cleveland Children’s Museum, the Cleveland Aquarium, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, the West Side Market, the Christmas Story house, the terminus of the Underground Railroad, and the top floor of the Terminal Tower.

I’ve hit most of the must-see spots in the Boston area, but I have to admit that I still haven’t seen:

**The Museum of African-American History/Black Meeting House

The West End Museum

Gillette Stadium** in Foxborough
The current incarnation of the **Institute of Contemporary Art

The Tea Party Ship** since they fixed it up.

If we are including metro areas, there are a ton around here that I have not visited, like:

• The Carter Center/Presidential Library
  • MLK, Jr National Historic Site
  • The World of Coke
  • The Atlanta Eye (Ferris wheel)
  • The Center for Civil and Human Rights
  • High Museum of Art
  • The Atlanta History Center
  • Oakland Cemetery
    The list goes on…

I live in St. Mary’s County - where Maryland was “discovered” or founded or whatever you want to call it. Never been there. I’ve been to Point Lookout, which is the southernmost point of the state, but not to the museum there, because it’s only open at rare random times.

Of all these sites, the only other one I’ve been to is Tudor Hall.

I grew up near Daytona Beach, FL.

Other than the beach and the Speedway, I don’t think it has any significant tourist attractions. I’ve been to both.

I always wondered why so many tourists came to visit Daytona, and I always thought they must leave so disappointed.

I’ve never been to any “eye”, even the one in Orlando, and there are few other tourist sites in that metro region that I have not been to (another one that sticks out to me is the Holy Land Experience. LegoLand is too far away to count IMO.)

I’ve skipped Las Vegas and London as well.

I lived in Philadelphia for five years in the 80s and never saw the liberty bell. Several times I set out to see it, but streets would become “one way; do not enter” and I’d get routed in the wrong direction and get lost. I eventually stopped trying.

I’ve lived near DC since 1998, and I *have *been inside/to the top of the Washington Monument – but as a kid, well before I moved here. :slight_smile:

I’ve never been inside the White House, and I haven’t been to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial or the National Museum of African American History & Culture yet.

I lived in Tallahassee for several years and never toured the state capitol building. I always wanted to, but never got around to it.

Lived in the twin cities for the past 16 years and have been all over the damn place multiple times. However I’ve never been to Minnehaha Falls which is apparently the most visited tourist attraction in the cities. I’ve seen it on the news a couple of times and drive by a dozen times but never felt compelled to stop.

There’s a big new* Mayflower Visitors Centre in Plymouth, where I live, that I’ve not been to, but I’ve been to the Mayflower Steps just outside it, they’ve been a touristy site for years.
*About 5 years old, I think