What unusual cars have you seen lately?

It was mostly maroon, but had some primer on the front cap; evidently recent body work.

There’s a guy up the street who has a cute little blue Nova. I want that one, too !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d almost wonder if you were seeing my Hubster, but our Goldenhawk is Black and white. And he’s not driven the Avanti (Horrid Horrid car, it’s gold, with gold glitter everywhere on the inside, and it’s old and tacky, as in style and to the touch!)

That and he lack’s the moustache, unless he puts it on while he’s out driving.
But I have to wonder, most of these cars are considered odd because they are older? I’d consider a car odd because of something the owner did to it, like say hot glue rubber chickens to it.

When I asked the question I had in mind cars that “you don’t see every day”. So Porsches and Hummers and Ferraris would wouldn’t fit. But the Vanquish RadioWave mentioned isn’t seen much around here, even though it’s new. I think that the reason that so many of the cars mentioned in this thread are old is that either A) there aren’t many of them on the road, or B) their numbers were small when even when they were new and so they are more unusual now, or C) regardless of their ages they are just not commonly seen in the area where a particular poster is posing from.

If you saw a Honda Civic that had rubber chickens hot-glued to it, I’d say that qualifies it as “unusual”. (At least in this area.)

Hey !! Should I do this to the Turtle instead of re-painting it ???

:smiley:

I’ll give you that you don’t normally see older cars, I just found it interesting that one might think it odd. We own nothing past the year 1987 and wondered about prehistoric, ect. Sorry, I just found it interesting.

And NinetyWt, if you did this, I would have to see a picture of it. Interestingly odd indeed.

Well, until Tapioca’s post and Johnny’s clarification, I wasn’t going to bring up the Art Car Museum near my house. While I’ve seen several tons of’em, my all time favorite was a ‘67 Buick Skylark that had the rear axle replaced by caterpillar drive tracks (like a tank), with the windshield replaced by sheet metal with viewing slits, out of which protruded an ~8’ metal tube (think main gun) that was rigged up to fire a flaming propane flare. It was painted all black.

Other than that, I recently saw not one, but two DeLoreans stopped at a redlight, going opposite directions.

Back when I drove a GT-6, we’d have a little tribal hoo-wah whenever I ran into another. I haven’t seen one of those on the street in years.

I saw two Honda Elements in a parking lot today, after never seeing them anywhere. Dear God, that’s an unattractive vehicle.

I loved all your car stories! We’ve been looking at Nissan 350 Z’s…nice car! I have yet to see, but sure would love to, a new Maybach. Around here we have lots of hot rod-type cars (in the garage, too, thanks to my everlovin’) but not many European cars.

I saw a Type 35 Bugatti in the collection of a friend of a friend. It was built, I believe, in 1926 and seems very sophisticated for that (or indeed, any) time.

I saw The HORNET!!! again today. There’s a gorgeous dark red Hudson Hornet (I think it’s a Hollywood, and it’s definitely a '53) that I’ve seen a few times tooling around the town where I work. Hornets aren’t common cars at all. Don’t think they ever really were, either. Hudson wasn’t ubiquitous like Chevy.

I want it.

I live next to a race track, it is a combination drag strip/road course. It use to be Seattle International Raceway, now it is Pacific Raceways. When I headed out this morning to pick up a few items a stream of brand new Porsches were on their way into the race track. There was quite a variety including the new Cayenne. I also saw a Nash Metropolitan in a Lowes parking lot. And of course, all I have to do is look in my garage to see a pretty nice 66 GTO.

Lucky YOU!!! Congrats on that GTO! I won’t tell my hubby where you are…long as you’re good, that is! LOL

A friend had a Metropolitan, and it was a great little car, until parts were no longer available for it. Pink and white…omg.

At my school there was a counselor and he drove an old VW Bug with a Rolls Royce Grill and suicide doors. I was disgusted.

Well, it’s not IRL, but I DID just run into http://www.wreckedexotics.com

Oh, Muldoon; at least it didn’t have rubber chickens hot-glued onto it! LOL

I was driving on the highway a couple weeks ago and saw 4 cars near each other with a license plate of 4VZZ###. Very strange. What are the chances of that?

Ah, my dream car! Blue 72 Chevy Nova. There’s 2 or 3 really nice ones here in my town, and they’re real head turners. My dad’s friend had a Nova that used to be a pro-racing car, and I got to ride in it once! Wheee!

Gunslinger’s old car is a '71 Nova. But - it’s kind of an ecru colour, and worse it’s a four-door. He’s going to sell it someday when his dad doesn’t need it anymore. (It was his daily driver until he got his pickup.)

Everyone says theyre unusual. People have mistakenly called it a Mustang or a Camaro. Ive even had someone think it was a Corvette. But I love her anyway.
She looks like this, only red.

When I lived in Breckenridge, years ago, I had a couple of neighbors that had taken an old K-car and hot glued a few hundred toys all over the body. Platoons of army men, rubber snakes, you name it. The crowning touch was the hood ornament. They had found one of those almost life-sized Barbie heads that little girls were supposed to put makeup on, and glued that to the hood. After a few weeks of drives to the Basin, the hair was permanently blown straight back. The sight of a sedan driving down the road with what appeared to be a human head affixed to the hood was, well, memorable.