What were you THINKING?

Well. Ok. I buy that.

But age-ist is… Not sure how to spell it.
Really? You knew what I meant.

Elvis?

I guess someone was jealous of the attention Crane was getting. I hope she buys crosses in bulk.

Oh. I thought you said you ignored me. I never said anything about anyone young. Good grief.

Can you not stop yourself?

(Juveniles as in kids on a playground, not who they are. But what they do. I don’t believe you’re one. So hear this: stop)

Go ahead. Sling your crap. I care not.

No one should wish death on a person.

What the hell are you talking about. The King lives.

Yeah, that’s literally the exact thing you were just complaining about.

I don’t like this place… but I can’t stay away! Giggle.

Ok. Whatever. Kids need to be taught. Grown adults shouldn’t need to be to not act juvenile.

Clip clip clip.

So do a lot of grown ups.

You, for example, just needed someone to explain what “racism” means.

I learned it too.

“ism ism ism”

I want to leave you
don’t want to stay here
don’t want to spend
another day here
tho-o-ough
I want to split now
I can’t quit now
you really got a hold on me

~Smokey Robinson & the Miracles

I get where you are coming from, having visited there myself. With the benefit of my travels, may I suggest some alternatives to “racist” when that doesn’t quite fit? How about: bigoted, prejudiced, or intolerant.

Thank you. I’ll learn how those work now.

Juveniles?
I routinely have juvies step back and wave me on the bus first. An 80 year old man in my building has yelled at people, including a racist word.
Rudeness has no age.
As I am rereading a Miss Manners book.

Speaking to the general topic and not specific individuals first:

Honestly, few people are adults ALL the time. We have our childish moments, and sometimes they don’t speak well to our better natures. However, as has been pointed out in countless threads, in-Pit and out, there are plenty of people who prey upon and take advantage of the rules of civilized society. The rule protect, but do not bind them as it were.

Being able to speak about it is one of the great freedoms of our nation, right up until it does actual harm to others.

On an anonymous platform (largely) - how we speak to others is of comparatively low stakes, and even then, freewheeling insults are banned outside the Pit, and as has just been shown, restricted (slightly) even here.

So NO, I don’t see anything wrong with insulting someone who has made a truly odious and unfair comparison (Crane) while being excessively smug about getting away with it, but yes, @Thing.Fish went way too far, and was punished appropriately and by the rules.

Personally, I’d advise Thing.Fish to put the bastard on ignore for a week or two, because obviously it’s getting under their skin, and Crane is arguably the sort of semi-troll who loves getting other people in trouble.

I had no idea that he was 90 years old, if true. But in a way, I’m kind of impressed that there’s a 90 year old out there trolling the board.

But every 80 yo is not racist or bigoted.

Every 10 yo I ever met has poor impulse control. They’re not little adults. They need training and teaching. Does not make them bad. It’s makes them not adults. I don’t fault them they haven’t aged up. In fact I like it they are young.

The ones I’ve raised don’t wish death on people or belittle others for their race, gender, religion or age. (Creed, is not something I’m familiar with, so I won’t go there.) They don’t name call. They don’t hurt people or bully them.
They tend towards helping people.

I think the 4 kinda adjusted adults with 6 children learning from them vouches for my ability to say this with authority.

Y’all know it’s bad to wish death on people. Here on the Dope or online at all.
The poster was modded about it, thankfully.

Listen up. The bullying has got to go. It’s ugly. It’s hurtful in ways you don’t understand unless it’s happened to you.
I was bullied here. So be it.

But …hear me now…it was taken off the board. Not to the other board. To my private email. It’s not listed here. They had to do some research.

I was sent disturbing writing. And excerpts from things. They were sickening. Some one here did it. I know that.

That was scary. This person made me afraid of even looking online. It made me depressed and physically ill.

I’m not afraid anymore. I won’t let that stop me from posting here. Those that can’t abide me, I’m sorry. I really am. I can be a friend to most anyone. You all know me enough to know I’m not really mean. I’ve had a moment or two.
I admit it if I really think I’m wrong. Every time.