What will happen to 30 Rock's Jack Donaghy?

Jack Donaghy is Vice President of East Coast Television and Microwave Oven Programming for General Electric (on the TV show 30 rock). But now that GE is selling NBC to Comcast what will become of Jack?

I can’t wait to see how the show handles it.

There was mention that Alec Baldwin wanted to leave the show once his current contract ends with 30 Rock. Maybe the show will hold off on the real-world sell-off of NBC by GE in their universe until that time.

Okay, now you’ve got me worried – should I be selling my stock in Sheinhardt Wigs?

Where?

the way I heard it they bought out Comcast. :confused:

I’ve heard rumors that Alec Baldwin wanted to leave for years now, but the show can’t survive without Jack Donaghy. Maybe if Tina Fey could convince Baldwin to stay, the show could keep Jack by making Comcast (through convoluted and somewhat mysterious ways) another subsidiary of Sheinhardt Wig Co. That chart they showed in season 1 of Sheinhardt’s holdings was a pretty large. Then Jack could finagle a transfer somehow.

Baldwin said he wants to quit actingin 2012.

Forgive me if I fail to lose sleep over this. 30 Rock may be done by then anyway. Hell, NBC may be done by then. :slight_smile:

Wasn’t he also going to leave the country if Bush became president a few years back?

Alec Baldwin is a crazy - from the phone call to his personal beliefs to his whacky notion that he’s qualified to run for the Senate because he majored in Poli Sci for 2 years. That said, he’s also a phenomenal actor. So long as he’s getting good lines and living at the top of his career (as he has been since 30 Rock started) then he’ll stay with it. He’s not going anywhere.