What Would Be The Toughest Human Thing To Explain To Aliens?

Broccoli.

Alien: Some of you actually eat this shit?

Sexual mores in general

Person: You can’t sell sex. That’s illegal. But you can film it and sell the recording. Then it’s legal. Well, depending on where you film it and who you film it with. And who you sell it to.

Alien: Is it ever free?

Person: It’s usually free. Except, if somebody gives it to you for free, it’s customary to give that person objects they want, purchased with your money. Like food, but also toys and baubles. And you could technically give them money, if they needed it. Just not for the sex. Although if they stopped with the sex, you’d be justified if you stop giving them items and money.

Why a lot of us have guns and that they, the aliens, should leave sooner rather than later.

Religion

Me explaining Pet Rocks to aliens:

Me: A while back humans paid money for rocks that were were given names and sold as pets.

Alien 1: Did these rocks do anything special?

Me: No, they were just basic rocks that did nothing.

Alien 2: Were these rocks rare?

Me: No, they were just common rocks that can be found in abundance everywhere on the planet for free.

Alien 1: So…you humans paid money for common, non-functional, inanimate objects, gave them names, brought them into your homes, and treated them as pets?

Me: Yes, we even gave them to other humans as gifts.

Alien 1 [whispers to Alien 2]: Oh, this planet is going to be easier to conquer than we thought.

Alien 2 [whispers to Alien 1]: Yeah, we can just air-drop a butt-load of our Exploding Kill-Spheres with cute names attached and tell humans they’re pets.

Alien 1 [whispers to Alien 2]: Hell, we can even charge these idiots for them.

Cricket.

IIRC the aliens had a “thought balloon” or glyph of sorts, some sort of mental image displayed over their heads at all times, so an alien could not say a falsehood without immediately being seen as lying. But humans, OTOH, could say things like “sure, we’ll welcome the aliens, we are all nice, etc.” but really be thinking “there will be acts of violence and terrorism if the aliens show up here.”

Alien: So what do you do?
Human: I am an athlete.
Alien: Wow. What is your event?
Human: Video gaming.
Alien: Huh. How did that begin?
Human: There used to be dark places where people would put coins in machines. They have mostly closed now. There they would dance on a mat, run around a maze eating pellets while being chased by ghosts, drive cars and try to run people over, fly spaceships over and under walls, fight while riding birds, stack disappearing blocks, pretend to be Olympic athletes, or shoot aliens with missiles.
Alien: You wanted to shoot us?
Human: No one plays that game anymore. Now we usually shoot other things while others watch.
Alien: Well, at least probably no one wants to watch other people play video games. How many people might want to watch someone else play a video game?
Human: Twenty million?

That’s the noise a chicken makes.

Yeah.
So, you have hundreds of groups of people, all convinced that the creator of the universe spoke only to them in their tiny geographic region, and that all the other groups are wrong, and they are right because of faith.
Sure, pull the other one, it has bells on.

Or they would take action because we weren’t followers of whatever deity they worship. Which means either global extermination or……missionaries!

How we came up with democracy, but then became too stupid to operate it.

I’ll choose the former, thank you…

Not the infleld fly rule?

Does extermination have a sex position named after it?

Cheese.

From The Galaxy, and the Ground Within

Bout time they started cracking down on that scam.

It’s called “The Lethal Injection”

Ask David Carradine.