What would you do for a Klondike bar?

I guess staying up too late makes me kinda curious about things like this.

Carry on.

I’m not sure what I would do for a Klondike Bar, but considering how warm it still is (and I hate trying to sleep on a warm night), if I had a Klondike Bar right now, I’d be letting it melt on my forehead. I HATE SUMMER!! It’s TOO early to be this hot!!! I want a BREEZE and I WANT IT NOW!!

Sorry I had to yell there. I get cranky when I’m too warm. I’m better now.

I’d probably go to the store and buy one…if I liked Klondike bars, which I don’t. So, all things considered, I don’t think I’d do anything for a Klondike bar. Maybe if someone handed me one, I’d unwrap it.

I’m with Captain here. I wouldn’t do anything for one. They aren’t so great. It is just artificially flavored ice cream coated with artificial chocolate.

Maybe I’d give it to my mom. She likes them.

You could give me one of their cookie ice cream sandwich thingies though. I’d scarf that up.:smiley:

And Kallessa, you’re right. It is too early for summer. It would be too early if it were July, too.

And your tongue would beat your brains out trying to get to it.

In college, some sorority pledges tried to lure a pledge brother of mine up to their chapter room (they were trying to steal his pledge book) saying, “but we have Klondikes.” He said, “I don’t care what kind of dikes you have, I’m not going.”

Personally, I’d sleep with Barbara Bush for a Klondike.

Drastic times, drastic measures.

[Family Guy]

‘Would you stand on one leg?’
‘Sure’
<pause>
‘Would you bark like a dog?’
‘Uh… okay’
<barking sounds>
‘Would you… kill a man?’
‘Um… alright’
<BLAM>
What would you do for a Klondike bar?

[/Family Guy]

G-d, that cracked me up the first time I heard it. :smiley:

I’d tell my wife to put her shoes on and go buy me one, of course! Just 'coz I’ve got her barefoot and pregnant like I’m s’posed to doesn’t mean she can’t take care of MY needs, too…
;)[sup] kidding![/sup] :smiley:

whaps Ty upside the head with a trout

Sheesh. :wink:

<Homer> Mmmm. Trout-flavored Klondike Bar…</Homer>

[sweet coy voice]
Yooooooo-hooooo, Tyyyyyyyyyygrrrrrr
[/sweet coy voice]

[Drill Instructor voice]
Listen to me, and listen to me good…

Get off your little dupah, wash your hair (to get the trout smell out, yeesh!), put on your shoes, go to your wife and say,

“Honey, sweetie, I’m heading to the store to pick up some Klondike Bars for you. Is there anything else I can get for you?”

Then head on down to the store and pick up at least 2 boxes of Klondike Bars and whatever else she wants.

Repeat as needed, particularly if the temperature is above 70 degrees for more than an hour during the day.

And if you make it back from the store within a half-hour, then, and only then, you may have one Klondike Bar for yourself.

You will cater to her every whim during this difficult time, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?!?!?!
[Drill Instructor voice]

And good luck to all three of you! :wink:

laughs long and hard Thanks, Lady Owl. That was brilliant.

And now for what a friend of mine calls “The Yesbutyousee”:

Yes, but you see, there is no small amount of irony here.

Yesterday, after working two hours past her quitting time, then driving through a severe thunderstorm, she stopped at the grocery store to pick up some things for dinner. Once she finally got home, as I unpacked the groceries, I found something therein that neither of us had ever bought before.

Would you care to guess what that was?

That’s right.

Klondike bars.

_**

And screech? I’m having so much fun here picturing you as a Drill Instructor.

C’mon, let me hear you say, “Save the drama for yer mama, and push.”

Hey,now… if you do that well enough, maybe I’ll get you to come to town in October and join us in the delivery room. I think you saying that over and over again would really help Mrs. Tygr through that “labor” business. :stuck_out_tongue:

[sub]…and BTW thanks fer calling my dupah little. That was sweet.[/sub]

Yummy!

What would I do for a Klondike bar? Lots and lots and lots of yard work, which was generally the equation when I was a kid. ('Course, now an alcohlic beverage with the ice cream is required, if my dad wants me out in the yard these days!)

Ah, sweet reward!

Well I WOULD kill a man. I mean… whats one more???

I might accept one as gift. If you were really gracious about it and I didn’t want to hurt your feelings.

Not the biggest fan of Klondikes.

About 7 years ago I worked the summer in a freezer wearhouse. My job was to fill ice cream orders for a large spuermarket chain. My hours were supposed to be from Noon until 8 PM, but more often than not I would work overtime. One day we worked until 2 AM to get all the orders filled. The owner of the place let us take home one case of anything they had in the wearhouse. What did I pick… Klondike bars!

The case had 12 packages in it, each package had 8 klondike bars plus 2 extra. We were eating them all summer and I was still giving them away.

What the hell am I going to do with a Klondike bar?

Now. On the other hand …

Drumsticks? You know what I mean - the sugar ice cream cones with caramel in the ice cream and chocolate and nuts on top and that 1/2 inch of chocolate in the bottom of the cone?

Oh, yeah. THOSE I’d kill for :smiley:

Strawberry shortcake for me.

When I was in elementary, we could order ice cream in the morning and get it at lunch. Strawberry Shortcake, ice cream sandwiches, and some kind of chocolate on a stick. I always got Strawberry Shortcake. I would nibble off the coating, taking care to do it evenly so it wouldn’t fall off the stick, then lick away the vanilla to get to the sherbet inside.

Then one evening I was at dinner with my parents, and noticed they had strawberry shortcake on the menu. I waited for it, with my eyes all aglow…What? What is all this whipped cream? Sponge cake? What is this?

My dad finished it.

What would I do for a Klondike bar?

I’d leave the GOP.

Wait. I’m not a Republican. Do I get one just for not being Republican?