What would you like to see in the Enterprise Season Four Premiere?

I read somewhere (in a Star Trek book - not a novel) that the Klingons used genetic engineering to produce flat fore-headed Klingons to allow them to infiltrate human outposts and the like. Which I thought was a pretty clever reasoning …

I like your idea of ENT being a parallel universe with only minimal changes to it. I’ve said in the past that I would hate any sort of reset button episode ending the series (even though I’ve mellowed towards it recently) so this would make the show the best of both worlds. Trek, but not quite, and with more freedom. I like it.

And now that I realize what you are saying about Klingons, I hate it and always have, even when I first read about the same apologist theory a decade ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally Nekked Trip.

Chef’s face.

The rest of Phlox’s wives and kids and other husbands.

Trip and Archer fighting.

Hoshi and Travis making out.

Reed fighting with Travis over Hoshi.

I blame everything on Edith Keeler.

Well, I wasn’t going to say Nazis, that’s for sure… but I’m willing to see where they go with it.

Could someone please fill me in. What is ST:TMP? I heard about a movie or episode that had Worf reluctant to explain the ridges thing, but never saw it. Is it really just a DS9 episode? (A series I never watched) Or was it a movie?

What happened exactly where Worf would be put in the position of having to explain it?

Thanks and sorry for the noob questions. :slight_smile:

I know what you mean. My reaction was oh, you’ve got to be kidding… but I’ll still watch next season.

No troubles.

TMP is Star Trek : The Motion Picture. The first one.

Worf was questioned about Klingon appearance in the Deep Space Nine episode “Trials and Tribbilations” … which had select members of the DS9 crew travelling back in time to prevent another time traveler from changing history…

They travelled to the same space station depicted in the Star Trek original series episode “The Trouble with Tribbles.” - The DS9 episode even incorporated footage from “The Trouble with Tribbles.”

TNG, DS9, and VOY all managed to stay within canon (for the most part), even throwing in little things they didn’t have as a homage of sorts. Check the Trek Ency for numerous minor details. ENT could’ve followed the established pattern.

But, they went with the Time Travel angle. Apparantly tptb think that holds the best chance for maintaining their hold on the franchise. And, let’s face it, since Broken Bow we have been stuck with ENT being a time travel show.

So…, let’s make the best of it. Get Quantum and company into all sorts of temporal cold war situations. And since they are promising mini arcs, expand on the stories. They don’t have to resolve in 42 minutes of script, they can use a whole show for the climax, fer cryin’ out loud.

One big change I wish they would make is to open the script/story submissions to more than just their in group. Actively seek out some new blood. Hell, even certain of the books could be reworked to fit ENT if we’re gonna stay in temporal flux.

I love Trek. I like most of ENT. I even like a (well executed) time travel reset button effect and cause change up. What I don’t like is refusing to let others be creative. ACCEPT SUBMISSIONS, BERGAMA! Maybe some new blood is all Trek needs. Not even neccessarily an exec produ change up. Just new ideas, new scripts, a fresh eye.

It CAN be done.

I’d like to see an apology for the last three minutes of the season finale, with the producers standing in front of the camera saying “we’re sorry we thought for even a second that we wouldn’t be insulting your intelligence by going with evil alien Nazis from the future.”

Christ… this show didn’t just jump the shark, it jumped a frickin’ pool of sharks, alligators, pirahnas, and man-eating lions. With a drop of blood added.

At least there’s still Stargate SG-1 for those of us who don’t have the SciFi Channel.

Cool, thanks for the info! I’ll have to check the video store for that one. :cool:

I thought the first “Star Trek” movie was better than most give it credit for. The creepy sound they played every time V’Ger was on the screen was way cool. And although the plot WAS a tad slow, I liked the fact that they took the time to set the mood.

Maybe if they’d had someone besides sissy-boy Stephen Collins playing Decker, more people would like the movie. Well, I would have. I can barely think of anything I’ve ever liked him in.

TMP is a hundred times worse than TFF (V).

Worst. Trek. Ever.

Wow. That’s a bold statement, there. Have you seen the Director’s Cut version, Aes?

Interesting that they both use the TNG theme as their opening credits music, ne?

I don’t own any of the Trek movies; I hadn’t yet upgraded from VHS to DVD when I moved in January so I just sold them all off for the spare cash. I’ll eventually buy all ten movies (and Trekkies I and II) on DVD but only because I’m a completist. I will not watch Star Trek: The Motion Picture again unless my family is taken hostage by religious zealots and that is the only way to prevent their deaths.

And maybe not even then.

I would humbly suggest you give the Director’s Cut at least one shot to convert you. I thought TMP was pretty much the worst of them until I saw the Director’s Cut… I felt the flow of the film was much improved.

Convert me? Interesting choice of words considering my post before yours.

I think I need to call my mom.

Heh. Didn’t even think about that.

You will submit to the will of the Decker Imperative.

The last episode of Season Three made a big point of Shran’s exclamation that Archer owes him one. I hope that, at some point in Season Four, Shran makes Archer come along on a mission that requires him to engage in more ethically questionable behavior, like using the airlock to threaten suspects or stealing warp cores. And, speaking of warp cores, I hope that civilization comes around looking for answers and vengeance.