What year is it?

How do you pronounce the name of this year?

Twenty-eleven.

20-11.

Two thousand and eleven.

Two thousand 'n eleven.

Yup.

Twenty-eleven.

Two thousand through two thousand nine, then twenty-xx until twenty-one hundred. Not that I’ll live long enough to refer to the by-then-current year in that way.

Not only do I say “Twenty-eleven”, I also try to remind myself to pronounce the years 2001 through 2009 as “Twenty-(whatever),” on the basis that very few people actually say one-thousand-nine-hundred-oh-three for 1903 (for instance). I will admit “Twenty-hundred” sounds weird (though “Nineteen hundred” doesn’t, for some reason), so that’s still “Two thousand.”

20 11. Of course. Because we never said nineteen hundred eleventh.

If you say so. Personally, I wasn’t alive back then.

Another for “two thousand eleven”.

Eleven. We never used to say the century back in the 1900s - why do it now?

Two thousand eleven, but for some reason 2012 is twenty twelve, and 2013 is twenty thirteen, and so on.

I always say (and most often hear it said) two-thousand-eleven. If I have $2011 in my wallet I don’t say I have twenty-eleven dollars! Twenty-eleven just sounds funny to me.

“Twenty eleven” follows the convention of the 20th century; “nineteen seventy” rather than “one thousand nine hundred seventy”. Saying “two thousand eleven” is needlessly cumbersome, and sounds old-timey, like it’s a hair’s breadth away from “The Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Eleven”.

Two thousand and eleven.

“Eleven” is such a jumble of a word, it seems to flow better that way around, for me.

I have used “Two Thousand And” for every year of this century up till now, but next year will be “Twenty Twelve” and I expect I will use that for all other years in my future.

“Two thousand eleven.” But I don’t vote in public polls.

Hearing “twenty eleven” makes me want to bash someone over the head with a furled umbrella.

Twenty eleven, because it’s more economical. I didn’t say ‘one thousand nine hundred and ninety nine.’

In Thai, the years are said exactly like that. It must be hell to be a Thai historian.

Well, not with that attitude!