Whatever happened to John McCain?

What has happened to John McCain? I try to avoid news whenever possible, but my situation forces me into hearing at least some, but I haven’t heard even one word about McCain since he lost. Not even a joke, but then again, I avoid whatever TV that I can.

What’s he done,what’s he up to?

I think he’s supposed be on Leno tonight … or was that last night?

Crying.

I heard he’s trying to organise a recount.

Back at his desk in the Senate, waiting to vote on the bailout bill?

Seems he is doing what he ought. Handling the loss quietly and letting the spotlight fall were it should.

He went back to AZ after the election, presumably to rest and recoop. I think the Senate is having a short session later this month, so presumably he’ll come back to DC for that.

He’s up for re-election in two years and supposedly may face the current popular governor of AZ in order to retain his seat. It’ll be interesting to see if he decides to retire or go through another tough campaign to retain his seat.

If you’d been in the public eye constantly for the best part of two years, all for nothing, wouldn’t you want to avoid the spotlight for a while yourself?

Especially if the spotlight meant being asked questions like, “In your opinion, why do you think you lost?” I’d certainly want to lay low for a while.

The poor guy is probably catching up on his sleep.

He’s back to his old job of feeding live mice to Cindy.

One of the saddest things I noticed was when the Election night festivities were over he got in his beige 4-Runner, with his baseball hat on and simply drove up to Sedona. Even though I voted for the other one, I do like John McCain as a human being. But watching him in plain clothes in his 4-runner leaving the area [no security I could see] it was sad.

:frowning:

:smiley:

McCain to stump for Chambliss in Cobb on Thursday

Can’t. Stop. Laughing.

Priceless.
One of the best posts this year.

One of the best things about this campaign, for me, is now every time my girlfriend complains about something I do (which I frequently give her plenty of cause for) I just say, “At least I don’t trowel on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt.” I don’t have to get any further than “At least” these days before she laughs.