Whatever the KU Admissions Board is smoking, hand me three

It’s on my answering machine today. I got accepted to KU’s law school for the summer session. I’m sure they’ll send me something in writing eventually, but I’ll take this as official enough.

I’ve gotten back 4 of my 6 applications so far and of those I’ve gotten four acceptances. KU was the big one. Great school and in state tuition.

So I sit here now in a daze. A few thoughts run through my head.

1. I am in for three years of non stop studying.
  2. No way I got accepted. My grades weren’t even close to good enough.
  3. I am in for three years of non stop studying.
  4. Maybe the 2001 college class collectively has the IQ of a turnip. 4 for 4? No way.
  5. I am in for three years of non stop studying.
  6. Hey! I can tell more lawyer jokes!
  7. I am in for three years of non stop studying.
  8. ooooh…I’ll get to use IAAL on the boards.
  9. Seriously, three years of studying. Maybe the admissions officer called the wrong number.
    All in all, it seems like a good thing. But I am so in need of a vacation before summer.

A few thoughts, Ender:

1. Congratulations!
  2. Haha – three years of non-stop studying.
  3. I just got back from a conference in Boston and one of the presenters was from KU (assuming you mean University of Kansas). (And what’s up with the KU initials anyway?)
  4. Haha – three years of non-stop studying.

Many congratulations, Ender! Have fuuuuuuun!

Good luck ol’ boy. If you get whatever it is they got, I got dibs on one of the three.

–Tim

What do you call 1000 Enders at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start!

[ul]
[li]What is the difference between a dead snake in the road and a dead Ender in the road?[/li]
Skid marks in front of the snake!

[li]What is the difference between an onion and Ender?[/li]
You cry when cutting up an onion!

[/ul]

Congratulations, Ender!

[sub]I am so jealous!! I wanna be a law student![/sub]

What do you have when you have Ender buried up to the neck in cement?

Not enough cement.

Join the club, Ender. :slight_smile: Congratulations.

(It’s not so much the three years of studying that gets me so much as it is the crippling, crippling, crippling student loans at the end. Which means that we’re paying thousands and thousands of dollars for them to make us study non-stop for three years. Isn’t that nice?)

Two whole lists and no “hi opal”! What is the world coming to.

Congratulations Ender!:slight_smile:

Cool Ender I’m happy for you. good job and stuff. Now, when you can get out, you can defend me at one of my many trials. yeah? :slight_smile:

Presumably UK was taken.

Congrats, Ender, on your impending ordeal of endless studying and debt. Have fun!

P.S. Hi Opal! :wink:

Yeah, they didn’t want to be confused with the University of Kentucky.

I’ve got a several good friends who graduated from the KU law school. They are now making more money than God. They are also working very hard and are great lawyers.

Ender, you’re right about the studying, but you ought to have some fun as well. The payoff is well worth the hard work.

Congratulations, my man!

Did you hear that researchers have decided to use Enders instead of rats for research?

1. There’s a limited supply of rats.
  2. The researchers sometimes got attached to the rats.
  3. There are some things a rat just won’t do for money.

:smiley:

Congrats!

Well, techically, “Hi, Opal!” is only supposed to be used as item 3 in a 3 item list.

A countryman between two Enders is like a fish between two cats. – Ben Franklin

Since I’m a K-State Wildcat fan I’ll be the first to make fun of KU…

Q. Why do KU students hang their diplomas from their rearview mirrors?

A. So they can park in the handicapped spot. :smiley:

Congratulations Enderw24. It really is a great school!

I thought the Hi Opal was used to pad a 2 item list to three items as Opal once said that a 2 item list wasn’t really a list. She started adding a padding phrase to her lists to make them three items long and then other people started adding Hi Opal as the third item on any list. :slight_smile:

[sub]I think I’ve got that right [sub]

Oh the jokes are just hilarious. After the first hundred thousand or so I can see why Jodi might have a problem with them. Oh well.

How many lawyers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
The real question is: How much can the light bulb afford to be screwed for?
What do a lawyer and a sperm cell have in common?
They both have a 1 in 500,000,000 chance of developing into a human being.

What can a goose do, that a duck can’t, but a lawyer should?
Stick their bill up their ass

some men are heterosexual
some men are bisexual
some are homosexual
but some men are not interested in sex at all …
they become lawyers

• Woody Allen
    OK then. Hey Tommy the Cat, how much money does God make anyway? Does he have his own printing press?

Rachelle, I actuall applied to UMKC, KU, and Washburn. Don’t blame me because your podunk l’il ejdukashun center doesn’t have a law school.

oldscratch, I won’t be able to help you for at least three years. In the meantime, you might want to talk to your legislators about legalizing animal molestation and you can save yourself the trouble of hiring a lawyer in the first place.

You’ve heard about the verse where God says “A million dollars is like a penny to me…” (OK LOTS of paraphrasing there)? Well, that ought to give you a pretty good idea. :wink:

Ender:

Gadarene is right. Screw the studying and get a job now to start paying back your student loans. I figure I’ll still be paying them off while I’m paying for my kid’s college education (and I don’t even have one yet).

Of course, if you go into a real job that pays actual money like SuaSponte did, maybe it wouldn’t take you as long. What do I know–I’m in legal publishing. You’ll probably use some of our books in school. Hint–they’re overpriced.