Whatever your deity, please pray for a quick death.

…I, for one, am begging you to tell me of this man.

Could you bring yourself to share something more of him, in his shining sparkling moments. I, for one, would like a gentler sense of him, than the ICU patient that he is currently.

You have my deepest, heartfelt sympathies. The prayers requested shall be most sincerely delivered, commencing immediately.

Perhaps he lingers sensing that your Mom needs time yet.

(A tsunami of prayers on it’s way special delivery.)

My heart goes out to you and your family, Shirley. May you all find the strength to see you through this difficult time.

Shayna

Shirley,

I wish for you and your family to have the best outcome possible. I will give a little prayer to my “God/Goddess” in that you find peace soon. It’s never easy to see a family member in that way…for that I give you a cyber hug and kiss on the cheek. May what you desire find it’s resolve for everyone in your family.

Scotticher posted this in another thread, and I’d seen it elsewhere and thought it fit beautifully:

Perhaps
they are not
the stars,
but rather openings
in Heaven
where the love
of our lost ones
pours through
and shines down
upon us
to let us know
they are
happy.

From an Inuit legend.

That says it better than I could. My best to you and your family.

Done.

Shirley, I’m not religious and I don’t even know how to pray, but by golly, do I feel for you and your family. This post touched me more than any other I’ve read on the board for some reason (and I have been lurking for quite a while).

I hope you’ll find the strength to cope with all of this and that your brothers will find all the love and joy in the life that is left to them.

{{Shirley}}

I wish you all peace

Shirley, my thoughts are with you and your family.
It is an awful thing to go through. I wish you-all the strength to do what you all believe is best.

Please don’t think I’m being facetious, but…did you tell Mark enough about Wally that he might recognize him when he gets there? He’d be a welcoming sight.

{{{{{{{{{{Shirley and family}}}}}}}}}

Words Fail
Done

It’s hard to find words sometimes. Hope things are easy and painless for everyone.

The Lord Bless you and Keep you
The Lord lift his countenance upon you
and give you peace

Prayers for you and your family.

I am so very touched by the responses here. It means a great deal to me and my family. Iampunha, a special thanks to posting my plea on the other board. Trying to explain to someone not familiar with the computer world how comforting just a few kind words from, well, virtual strangers can be is just beyond words.
Mark went peacefully today (1-27) at around 2pm, surrounded by family. Watching some one pass on to another life is nothing like it seems in the movies. As you watch the monitor for the numbers to decrease,you cannot help but think " You are one step closer to the light and being at peace."

He had his organs donated, of which, because it was not a brain-dead pull the life support kind of death (Which then all the organs can be harvested), all that the Gift of Life was able to use were his corneas, some heart valves and something else. The funereal is hopefully Tuesday.

Donations are to MDA in his name.

Mark was deep down a very nice guy with a heart of gold who just got dealt a really crappy hand in life. in his mind he was not a man with a severe disability. He thought he was hot stuff,which we always teased him immensely about it and he took it in stride. Mark was very stubborn and quite often, a pain in the ass, but in the last few years, he gentled and loved my children as much as they loved him.

It took my mother a few hours to get over the fact that it was over. My aunt is staying with her for a few days and it is a blessing, she knows how to handle my mom and boss her around.

Pray for my mom to be strong and to let go of the guilt and pain that she has.
Thanks again everyone.

Shirley,

I am not quite sure what to say. I hope that your prayers are answered and that your brother will now be able to live his life (if there is an afterlife) with a strong body as apparently as strong his mind was.

For you and your family I wish for you peace in the knowledge that he is somewhere else, somewhere living in joy and happiness.

To those left behind including you of course, big hugs and prayers for the days and months that come without your beloved brother.

I’ll light a candle for your family and specificly for you, your Mom and your brother. Peace be with you all.

I’m sorry.

Peace to you and your family, now that Mark has his.

Shirley, I’m so sorry. Peace to you and your family.

Shirley, my sincere condolences to you, your mom and family.
You are all in my thoughts today. Kiffa

For those SDMB members who wish to make a contributtion to MDA: http://www.mdausa.com.

for information or to make an online contribution:

http://www.mdausa.org