What's a non-vulgar way to say "this planet is totally f***ed"?

I’m looking for a way to make a similar statement that that sounds professional, non-vulgar, non-colloquial, and uses no idioms/cliches/metaphors. Suggestions? The only way I can think of is to use the words ‘fucked’ or ‘screwed.’

…in deep trouble.

…in poor shape.

…not doing well.

…facing global severe long-term degradation of all major ecosystems.

Fubar?

I’m finding it surprising that there isn’t a normal English word that has the same connotations of severity as “fucked.”

That’s why “fucked” is the most appropriate word to use.

Language was fucking developed to fucking communicate. Use it.

“Doomed”?

…facing an inescapable catastrophe of epic proportions.

…doomed.

…beyond hope.

…irrecoverable.

The impact of saying something is fucked comes from it being a taboo word. A normal word cannot, by definition, have the connotation of a taboo word.

i got nothing that is professional, non-vulgar, non-colloquial, and uses no idioms/cliches/metaphors.

A third vote for doomed.

Or damned, or ruined. Ruined may not have “shock” value, but it’s a severe word.

“Ladies and gentlemen, either you are closing your eyes to a situation you do not wish to acknowledge, or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster!”

:smiley:

Our lifestyle is unsustainable

In Victorian terms, it would be: “failing health from the vapors and consumption.”

“The planet is engaged in an act of marital congress.”

It’s Tango Uniform.
Beyond salvage

lost?

I got nothing. Neither do several thesaurusises.

The fact is that this planet is doing just fine. The problem is that human survival may be f****d. Maybe focus on that instead.

dead, done for, decimated, spoiled, destroyed, wrecked, lost, condemned?

Some of those bring emotions of doom (and I think doomed is the best but it’s already been said)

Poisoned? Undermined? Undone? Vanquished?