What's a person from Switzerland called?

Well, Walter Sobchak would have you know that “Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature”.

A Helvetian. Or Helvetii, collectively.

I don’t know who Walter Sobchak is, but what does he want me to call them?
And somebody from Togo is a Togolese

You are correct, UncleBeer, but:
the plural of Helvetian would be Helvetians (Helvetii would be the latin plural of Helvetius); in addition, almost no one uses Helvetian in English (though in swiss french newspapers, for example, the noun and adjective Helvète is often used.)

I’m rather surprised that, given its huge population, the entire nation of China consists entirely of males. That England is all-male doesn’t surprise me one bit, however.

Come to think of it, I don’t remember anyone on the SDMB giving their location as Switzerland, or anyplace within it, while most other countries are well represented.

oops, didn’t see this.

But judging by your location, you don’t live there anymore?

Walter Sobchak = John Goodman’s character in The Big Lebowski.

According to that source, you should also be calling White Russians “Caucasians.” :wink:

Nope. I remember a few people from Switzerland in the past, but the member names elude me right now.

Sweed?

Nice!

As noted in the OP, That is reserved for those native to Sweden.

:smack: I knew it was (and still is presumably) in Austria. Really! I knew that. :smack: :smack: :smack:

A neuticle.

Curious.

Hel·ve·tian - adjective

1. Of or relating to Helvetia or the Helvetii.
  2. Swiss.

Hel·ve·tian - noun

1.One of the Helvetii.
2.A Swiss.

[From Latin Helvetius.]

Excerpted from The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition

No, Vienna was never in Switzerland.

And yes, Vienna’s responsible for A WHOLE LOT more than little sausages.

Well, UncleBeer, maybe I was wrong! I should have checked a source myself. I personally would write Helvetians, but what do I know?

Indeed. They have big sausages, as well.
http://www.viennabeef.com/products/category.asp?CATEGORY_ID=2

Ugh! That site has a picture of a bagel dog.

The goggles…

Except in Québec. When you talk about un suisse here, this is you are most likely talking about :smiley: