Pickled Serrano Peppers
Pepperocini
Fresh Mozzerella
Provolone
Cheddar
Kalamata Olives
Sliced Soprasetta
Mixed Pickles

All that washed down with a 2003 Mandolina Toccata.

Best meal I’ve had in months, and I didn’t have to cook anything. All I had to do was grill the bread. Thank you, Fresh & Easy!

Who had something half as good for dinner?

All we had was chef salad.

Spring mix
Iceberg lettuce
Parsley
tomatoes
carrots
radishes
celery
green onions
red onions
jarred roasted red peppers
yellow bell pepper
cucumber
boiled eggs, quartered
bacon
grilled fajita chicken strips
fried chicken strips
pepperoni
gouda cheese
pepper jack cheese
swiss cheese
I think that’s all. :wink: I had honey mustard dressing. 'Twas teh yum!

You are indeed a wise man. :smiley: And that sounds really good.

We just had enchilada casserole. No biggie. But Obama was on the teevee this morning waxing poetic about pie, so I made pumpkin pie. With lots of chopped crystallized ginger. Off to grab a slice!

I’ve been trying to make a decent white wine based pasta sauce. I’ve been collecting up random untried pasta sauce ingredients including capers and sun-dried tomatoes. So, my sauce is going to be chardonnay, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, butter, lemon juice, garlic, and cheapo domestic Trader Joe’s Parmesan cheese. I figure anything with butter, garlic and Parmesan won’t be half bad. Wish me luck!

I had a NY strip steak seasoned with kosher salt, black pepper, and chile powder.

I had some beer with it.

Recipe, please!

If I feel like cooking it will be a smoked chicken pasta salad. If not it will be leftover chilli on pita bread with guacamole, sour cream, herbed rice and the cheap Aldi wine that I used to make the chilli.

Tonight will be chicken with red wine and tarragon. It’s a Rachel Ray recipe (don’t shoot me! ;)) but it’s quite tasty and easy.

Last night I made some beef w/ barley soup, which was delicious, and I anticipate it will be even more so for lunch today, as these things are.

Tonight, I’m vacillating between being lazy and ordering pizza or frying up some catfish and hush puppies.

Spent the day yesterday making chicken stock from smoked chicken carcasses (friend who owns a BBQ restaurant gave them to me). Used some of the stock to throw together a Corn & Chicken Chowder, and it was incredibly good. Was VERY happy since I’ve been trying to get my chowder recipes to come together, and it finally did - seems like they’re always too thin or too thick or not tasty enough. Last night was a home run.

Only thing that could make it better was bacon, but I wasn’t sure how much of the smoke from the chickens would come through in the stock and I didn’t want it to be overly smokey. As it turns out, the stock is only very slightly smokey - just enough to give it an interesting rich taste.

Pretty easy - it’s just the recipe from Libby’s, with a few tweaks. If you use pumpkin pie spice in lieu of individual spices, add a whole lot more (esp. if you are using McCormick or similar). I don’t have a real guideline, except “spice to taste”. I add spices individually, and also add nutmeg - 20 passes on the grater or so. DO still add the powdered ginger, but add a half cup or so of candied ginger nibs or similar. I get candied ginger slices from Trader Joe’s and just roughly chop 'em up to manageable bits. I like the slices because they are more gingery.

I haven’t tried adding fresh ginger, but really see no reason why not. I think I’ll try it next batch.

Mushroom risotto. I’m pleased to report my first attempt at it came out very well.

Homemade turkey soup (turkey stock, barley, potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, salt and pepper to taste) and pumpernickel-rye bread.

I am now consuming a white bean and zucchini soup. I fixed the soup along with some cheddar cheese biscuits. This is my first time ever preparing something with beans in it. Or preparing soup. It’s pretty tasty. A bit peppery (I added fennel), but hardy and light at the same time. And it’s still super hot.

:dubious: Don’t tell your wife this.

Well, the Pasta ala Darryl came out pretty good. It was a tad sour, I think the capers, white wine, sundried tomatoes, lemon juice and capers added up to be a bit too tart. It could probably use some bacon! Maybe more butter and garlic!