What's For Dinner Tonight: Episode 2021 – A New Hope

King Ranch Chicken is on the menu tonight. Last night I made a Ree Drummond recipe that came out pretty good. Baby potatoes sautéed with tri-color bell peppers and onions, with smoked sausage thrown in. Simmered in beer. This morning I made breakfast with the leftovers along with poached eggs.

Our daughter is home from college for a few days so she is being spoiled, cooked an Asado last night , sushi tonight.

Taking a break from turkey and ham tonight with some pot roast and the usual roasted vegs that go with - potato, carrot, onion. Also still working our way through the parmesan pepper bread I got for TDay.

My sweetie made probably the best turkey she’s ever done for Thanksgiving, and she was already a champion. But to take a break from the turkey festival, we impulse bought a 2-pack of frozen Detroit-style pizzas at Costco. Dang, they were actually really good. I’m sure it’s more divine turkey sandwiches and the last of the cornbread dressing tomorrow.

A few snow crab legs (a.k.a. “seasoned-butter delivery vehicles”) and some brie in puff pastry, with Triscuits as needed.

… eaten while sitting on the floor teenager-style and watching T.V.

Ridiculously large raviolis stuffed with minced turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce. Served with roasted yams, parsnips, beets, etc.

Horchata with Ancho Reyes to drink.

Tasty T’giving leftovers: Two turkey drumsticks with cranberry jelly, lima beans with butter and salt, mashed potatoes and stuffing with gravy, all with a glass of ice water. For afters, warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon.

Rotisserie (e.g. “lazy”) chicken.

Canned soup with hard-ass stale sourdough crusty bread bits for croutons. (Sounds awful. Tastes amaze-balls.)

The last of brie in puff pastry.

The last hot turkey sammich. Gravy and cranberry sauce. Followed by a chunk o cheesecake.

I made the family and my parents a pretty awesome roast and veggies using a venison neck roast shot kn our property by a cousin Sunday Morning. Nice change of pace from Turkey :cowboy_hat_face:

Tuna Ceviche.

I used my usual marinade (lemon juice, lime juice, diced onion, grated ginger, minced jalapeños, cilantro) but added some diced mango and a habanero sliced up with a single edge razor blade.

Damn, I haven’t had ceviche in forever, man. Thanks for the notion.

Tonight I’m picking at a leftover rotisserie chicken carcass with my fingertips. Also have some fresh mozzarella & a sliced tomato, plus one of those finish-bake-at-home loaves of bread.
Much butter will be involved.

I made…well I dunno what it’s called, but it must have a name. Linguini with a sauce of garlic in butter/olive oil, some capers, splash each of white wine and lemon juice. Toss in the last of the turkey, maybe a 1/4c, and some feta chunks, a little romano. Turkey scampi? Anyway, it was damn good.

Turkey sandwich and the same tomorrow. Then it will be gone. Not sure if im happy or sad about that.

New York Strip Steaks (which were on sale), baked yams, and a salad.

—————-
The steaks were advertised as “boneless”, but I’ve always considered New York Strip Steaks as boneless by definition.

Similarly I have an issue with meat advertised as “semi-boneless”. If there’s bone present then boneless is a term that doesn’t fit.

That’s like a woman being “semi-pregnant.”

You either is, or ya ain’t.

True dat.

Last night: homemade meatloaf with ketchup, baked potato with butter and bacon bits, and a glass of ice water. Later, a Mint Kit Kat bar and a glass of cold milk.

Hey, how long do you let yours sit in the marinade?

An old favourite: proscuitto-stuffed chicken breast with fettucini alfredo and a few pieces of broccoli with melted garlic butter. Haven’t been grocery shopping for a while so I pulled this generously-laden dish out of the freezer a couple of days ago – originally freshly made – and it’s now nearly thawed.

There’s so much fettucini that I usually can’t finish the chicken, but leftover chicken is always great in ramen noodles for lunch the next day. Haven’t had ramen in a while.

I made a quick ceviche marinade of lime & lemon juice and a dash of sesame oil (I’ll add more later) plus grated ginger and minced raw garlic and red onion.

Tuna went in fifteen minutes ago. Once I can’t wait any longer, I’ll add smoked salmon, cilantro, avocado, capers, more sesame oil, and probably a bit more red onion, or perhaps green onion. ('Tis the season, after all!)

There’s some tortilla chip scoops in the pantry.

Today was kind of rough at work, and kayaker put me in the mood anyway, so I decided to treat myself a bit.