What's on your Amazon.com Wish List?

Okay, so I admit it. I’m an Amazon.com freak. I’ll spend probably more time than I should evaluating recommendations, checking out new releases, and generally just coveting about everything there is out there.

So I set up a Wish List. Not really so that anyone else can buy me any of the stuff, just so that when I’m ready to shop, I remember the titles and stuff that I really, really want. In fact, I just bought a couple items off my list yesterday, and got the free shipping (although I’ve got to wait until Kingdom Come before it’ll get here…).

So, here’s the inventory of my list:

The Starter Marriage and the Future of Matrimony by Pamela Paul
God Save the Sweet Potato Queens by Jill Conner
The Sweet Potato Queens’ Book of Love by Jill Conner
The Nanny Diaries by McLaughlin & Kraus
The Years of Rice and Salt by Kim Stanley Robinson
Guns, Germs & Steel: The Fate of Human Societies by Jared Diamond
Dead Men Do Tell Tales by Michael Browning
Unintended Consequences by John Ross
Bowling Alone by Robert D. Putnam
Trust Us, We’re Experts by Sheldon Rampton
Food Politics by Marion Nestle
Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All by Allan Gurganus
A Year in Van Nuys by Sandra Tsing Loh
Many of these items were added as a result of our various book threads. So I have you all to thank. Or blame. Whatever.

So…what books do you want?

Actually, I had some CDs on the list, but I bought those yesterday. So if you’ve got other stuff on your list too, I’d love to hear about it. I’m not picky. Books, music, whatever. It’s all good!

My wish list is also more of a reminder list — “That’s cool - I want to find it someday” – though it did come in handy for my family at Christmas.

Here we go…
Books:

• The Witch Family by Eleanor Estes, Edward Ardizzone (Illustrator); Paperback
  • The Golden Turkey Awards : Nominees and Winners, the Worst Achievements in Hollywood History by Harry Medved, Michael Medved; Paperback
  • Don’t Panic : The Official Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Companion by Neil Gaiman; Paperback
  • Killdozer!: Volume III: The Complete Stories of Theodore Sturgeon by Theodore Sturgeon, et al; Paperback
  • The Ultimate Egoist: The Complete Stories of Theodore Sturgeon (Sturgeon, Theodore. Short Stories, V. 1.) by Theodore Sturgeon, Paul Williams (Editor); Paperback
  • Fabulous Las Vegas in the 50s: Glitz, Glamour & Games by Fred E. Basten, Charles Phoenix; Hardcover
  • Viva Las Vegas : After Hours Architecture by Alan Hess, et al; Paperback
  • The Art of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones by Mark Cotta Vaz (Compiler), George Lucas; Hardcover
  • All-American Ads of the 40s by Jim Heimann; Paperback
  • All-American Ads of the 50s by Jim Heimann; Paperback
    DVD: * A shorter list than it normally would be thanks to Netflix*
  • Monsters, Inc. (Sept)
  • The Simpsons - The Complete Second Season (Aug)

Music:

• H. G. Wells’ The Time Machine: Original Motion Picture Score ~ Russell Garcia; Audio CD
  • Dancehall Reggaespanol ~ Various Artists; Audio CD
  • Too Much Coffee Man ~ Bob Dorough; Audio CD
  • Huron Street ~ Don Ross; Audio CD
  • Celebration on the Planet Mars: a Tribute to Raymond Scott ~ Beau Hunks; Audio CD
  • Magentalane ~ Klaatu; Audio CD
  • A.I. - Artificial Intelligence: Original Motion Picture Score ~ John Williams (Composer), et al; Audio CD

Etc:

• The Best of Npr: Public Laughter ; Audio Cassette
  • This Is Spinal Tap C/M&W/Ww by Final Sale Cmvoy 644; CD-ROM (OOP)
  • Ephemeral Films 1931-1961 C/M&W/Us by Rick Cmvoy 581 Prelinger; CD-ROM (OOP)