what's the best word to 'fill in the blank' in this sentence?

Paraphrasing an unrelated exchange here, but let’s say that you’re in this conversation - somehow it just ‘feels like’ there’s a better word to fill in this sentence than the word ‘disparage’ (or perhaps there’s not - you tell me).

Her: hey, a tennis match is on, wanna watch this?
Me: yeah, ok, whatever, I don’t care
Her: what, you don’t like tennis?
Me: it’s not really my cup of tea, but I wouldn’t __________ anyone who considers it theirs

So, suppose you’re respectful of others’ opinions (i.e. ‘to each their own’, ‘different strokes for different folks’, etc) - is there a good word to fill in the blank with? The ones I’ve come up with are:

tennis? it’s not really my cup of tea, but I wouldn’t disparage anyone who considers it theirs (sounds like I’m trying to “use big words”)

tennis? it’s not really my cup of tea, but I wouldn’t dog-out anyone who considers it theirs (sounds like something a 12-yr-old gangster would say)

tennis? it’s not really my cup of tea, but I wouldn’t criticize anyone who considers it theirs (I don’t really feel like this is what I’m shooting for)

any better ideas? Thanks

It’s really not my cup of tea.

No need to say more. No one will assume that you’re judging people who like tennis.

Look down on

It wouldn’t even occur to me to say anything negative about someone who plays a sport I’m not interested in. If someone said to me, “you don’t like tennis?” I just say no, not really. I would never think to make a judgment about people who do. I’d never say something like “but I wouldn’t disparage (or whatever) people who do like it.”

“Begrudge”.

In case you can vary the wording a little but need it to mean what exactly what you’re trying to say, then :

It’s not really my cup of tea, but to each his own

holy shit… I think ‘begrudge’ is the word I’ve been looking for - thank you Ambivalid!

and thank you as well for the other inputs - “look down on” (courtesy of Hampshire) is definitely the ‘spirit’ of what I was trying to get to

I believe this word requires a bit more. You can begrudge someone their success, or the enjoyment they get from tennis - but I don’t think you can simply begrudge them.

In this instance, she would (or wouldn’t) be begrudging them their preferences. But yeah, it may have to be re-worded just a bit.

Perhaps:

Her: hey, a tennis match is on, wanna watch this?
Me: yeah, ok, whatever, I don’t care
Her: what, you don’t like tennis?
Me: it’s not really my cup of tea, but I wouldn’t *mind fucking Caroline Wozniacki in front of * anyone who considers it theirs.

don’t ask, perfect post/user name contribution to the thread!!!

I’d use disparage if I had to fill in the blank, but in reality, I’d probably say “Eh, not really my cup of tea, but, I mean, if someone likes it, whatever.” Truly I am a poet of the highest caliber.

ETA: For some reason I have a habit of mixing uncommon or “big” words with the most bizarrely casual/faux-street manner of speech possible, so “disparage” sounds pretty natural to me.

drown

Just say… Hey that’s you doing you… not my thing. Establish this early. .

knock?

Somewhat informal, but…

I’d go with:

“Tennis? –It’s really not my racket.”

or

“Tennis? –I just don’t see the advantage in it.”

or

“Tennis? –If you want to; I don’t see any faults with it.”
O.K. that’s all I got.

I don’t like some of those jokes, I love all.

…but I wouldn’t mind if someone else appreciates it.

“knock” if the second sentence must be used. But it isn’t necessary.

Yep, that’s what I’d say. But agree not in a formal writing context. More formally I might say begrudge or judge, depending on my feelings.