What's the most interesting car you saw today?

I want it just to have it. How cool it would be to show up at the racetrack with that? Fabulous.

If it was a '53 or so, I think you mean Bel Air. The Impala didn’t exist until '58, after the '56 Corvette-based show car with the same name.

And I saw a 1955 Chevy this morning. I think it was a 210; it was more plain looking than the top of the line Bel Air.

And this evening I saw a 1977-86ish Chevy Caprice (It had the older style sealed beam headlights) in like new condition. Most of the time nowadays if you see an old Caprice it’s been customized as a lowrider or donk or something, but this car looked very original. And had the old blue California plates from when it was new.

Delorean, baby!

In what seems to be a trend of spotting old GM cars, today I spotted what I think was a late 70s or early 80s Pontiac Grand Prix, although it might have been a Chevy Monty Carlo. I only saw it from the rear and they look very similar from that view. Just like yesterday’s Caprice, this one looked very original and in like-new condition.

I also saw a new Ford Bronco Sport, marking the first time I’ve seen a member of the new Bronco family on the road.

I was stopped in traffic next to a silver one today and had some time to appreciate how low those were. The roof was about the same height as my nipple line and I drive a fairly low Mazda 3.

One of my sisters owned an Opel GT when I was, like, 6. She liked to sneak under the parking gate at a local bank with that low little coupe.

I saw 2 Karman Ghias yesterday. On on the road and one at the golf course.

This morning I saw a restored first generation International Scout.

A classic VW Beetle, possibly with a flat windshield. I wasn’t really looking at the windshield though; I was looking at the other end. The exposed engine had a turbocharger or a supercharger on it.

Classic L.A.

Except this was approaching Seattle. :wink:

The 1959 model year is considered to be the peak of the tailfin era for most American makes, including Chevrolet.

Today I saw a bright red Porsche 914 with a body kit. It was going the opposite direction both times, so I didn’t get a great look at it. Looked like it may have had an engine cover spoiler and enhanced fenders.

A black Ferrari 308 GTS. Don’t see too many of the old 308 series around these days.

It may have been one of the legendary 914-6s, a handful of which were made, of which only a few hundred still exist.

I’ve only seen pictures of 914/6s, but they look like any other 914 except for the model badge on the back. The thought did cross my mind that it was a 6, but I think it’s more likely it was a 4-cylinder that someone dressed up. It looked very nice BTW, and not a hodgepodge like you see with ‘kids today’ with their Japanese imports.

30-year-old Lincoln Continental sedan, possibly a Mark VI, in a boring brown. Like this but definitely showing its age:

I don’t remember if it had the fender scallops or not.

Not so much the car itself but what happened to it …

Driving home from work this evening, I saw a squad car with the blue & reds on behind another car on the shoulder of the interstate. As I got closer, I could see it was a early/mid 90s Mustang. Ouch, tough luck on that ticket, buddy. As I got closer still, I noticed the hood had apparently unlatched and was blown back, neatly folding over the roof. He probably would have preferred a ticket.