What's the most interesting car you saw today?

I saw a BMW 2002 in need of restoration.

On the way home, I saw that Japanese Toyota fire engine I mentioned a couple/few years ago. They took off the fire-fighting gear that it had back then, and were using it as a pickup.

This morning, a white, RHD, 1971 Gilbern coupé.

I saw an old school T-bucket hot rod this morning. It wasn’t too flashy, more akin to the top photo in the Wikipedia article, but with the body painted solid blue.

I’d buy that.

Strangely, I was behind a Tesla, but the whole car was painted matte gray (except the windows and lights) and the Tesla insignia was removed. I only recognized it by its shape. Is that a thing, or was this person a one-off?

De-badging” is a thing that some car people like to do. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it done to a Tesla before, but it sounds like this person did it to theirs, and got a custom paint job.

Cool, thanks.

Custom paint jobs are being replaced by custom wrapping. They coat the whole car with plastic wrap that can look just like paint. When the owner is tired of it, they remove or replace it.

Yesterday we saw a white, 1984-1989 Porsche Carrera Targa. No tail, which is always nice, but the Fuchs wheels were painted white. They should have been polished, or at least left natural metal.

“CAN just look like paint”… but never quite does.

I saw a video where a guy was tired of his vinyl wrap, and took a pressure hose to it. Only took a minute, the wrap just peeled off (rather violently). When I’m rich, I’ll have a Suzuki Cappuccino in my “color of the week”…

Oh, I ran into the guy with the ‘chrome-plated’ Mercedes. I asked him if it was a wrap, and he confirmed it was. Last week it was parked next to me at the corner market and I got a close look it it, and I suspected it was a wrap.

I saw a nice little alfa romeo spider, but the best part was the husky riding shotgun.

First-generation Acura NSX.

It was alongside, and then pulled in behind me before we got to the traffic light. While we were stopped at the light, I could barely even see it in my rear-view mirror. The top of the roof only just peeked over my trunk. Drivers of low-slung sports cars like that must be constantly worried that people are going to change lanes without seeing them.

A Koenig C62. Quite rare.

It was in a trailer having a McLaren Senna loaded behind it. Each car is worth more than $1 million.

Here’s the McLaren Senna.

I had one, and seldom drove it in traffic, but that was a worry. I tried not to linger alongside taller vehicles. By taller vehicles, I mean all of them.

As the owner of a Miata, yes. Yes I am. Especially if I’m along side a giant lifted pickup. Like the poster above said, I try not to linger next to such vehicles for too long.

Funny - I saw a sweet green 69 alfa this a.m.

My first car was smaller than a Miata - a 1979 Fiat X1/9. I definitely did not linger beside anyone, regardless of size, because I was just about the smallest thing on the road.

It’s a good habit to develop, and today I don’t linger, whether I’m on my motorcycle or in my Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I saw a McLaren on my way to the office this morning. Looking at some pictures on their website, I think it was an Artura – those air intakes behind the doors match the car I saw.

I didn’t actually see it but it’s too weird to not post.
Here’s a link to an Ebay auction for a truck I’ve never seen anything like before.
I don’t even know what to call it so I guess the auction title will have to do.

1948 GMC COE Suburban truck Custom Built | eBay