What's the most interesting car you saw today?

I think that’s just a pro street version of an ordinary '65 Dart and the Dart SL is a one-off built in 2015.

I’m currently staying at the Glacier Park Lodge, which uses this 1969 Checker Aerobus as its shuttle vehicle from the train station.

Imgur

I hope you see some of the Red Buses (1937 White Motor Company 706 buses) as well.

On the commute this morning I spotted a 2nd generation (1967-1978) VW Type 2 microbus, light blue and white. It was too far ahead for me to get a good look at it.

On the way home tonight I was behind a Saab 900, which was last made in 1994. It’s amazing that is at least a 30 year old car, they still look fairly modern.

Also, two days ago I saw this modified Subaru Crosstrek in traffic. Any idea the purpose of the mods? Off roading of some sort but I’m not sure exactly what type of use.

Imgur

Yes! I rode on bus 94 today.

Imgur

And as an honorable mention this truck was parked outside the St. Mary Lodge.

Imgur

Almost looks like the custom job a high school buddy drove. His apparently had a 4×4 conversion, according to “4×4” on rim hubs.

I’m currently on the Amtrak Coast Starlight, but I just spotted the first of the new USPS mail trucks I’ve seen in person, stopped at a crossing as we were pulling out of Albany, OR.

And today I saw a new Hyundai Ioniq with a CA plate starting with 9ZV. We’re getting close to the end, folks!

At the Lowe’s near work, a 1979 Chrysler 300 Coupe. A 1-year only varient of the Chrysler Cordoba with a 5.9 liter 4 barrel V8 generating 195 (!) horsepower. Only 4,300 were built.

Imgur

Imgur

A light blue Bentley Bentayga with a carrier for a wheelchair on the back, parked in my father’s assisted living community.
Google Photos

Today I saw a beautiful old Mercedes parked outside a dealer that does consignment sales of classic cars. I couldn’t get a picture, but this looks like the car I saw (minus the flag):

At the Bell Plastics open house in Hayward this morning, a 1964 Mercury Park Lane:

On I-94, just south of Milwaukee, this afternoon: a Citroen 2CV truck, which looked a lot like the picture below. The amazing part is that it was doing about 65 MPH!

On my commute home I was passed by a grey Chevy SSR (2003-6) so at least 20 years old. Still looked just like when it rolled off the assembly line. It had a vanity plate of MILIKI which I looked up and it’s a Spanish clown and a pre-school TV program.

Datsun day -

First, a B210, white with a double blue stripe down the sides & then over the trunk, then a block later a (240/60/80) Z; unsure which year/variant as saw it head on in traffic.

Last night I saw a Volkswagen 411 station wagon on the road. Or possibly a 412, they’re not that different visually. It was a similar light blue to the one on Wikipedia, except the one I saw was more faded.

Even in their time, these were far less popular than VW’s other models in the US, so they’re probably the rarest of the classic rear-engine VWs.

A Porsche 944, presumably from the 1980s, so roughly 40 years old.

Imgur

Rather sad graphic on the hood.

Imgur

~24-year-old Thunderbird, much like this one from Car and Driver.

The 2002 T-bird was a beaut.

Yeah!

I had my phone out and would have snapped a picture but my Lyft was approaching from the opposite direction. I’m sure they passed each other in the alley.