I was driving past the Tesla shop in Peobody MA and there was a fleet of Cybercabs, mostly with Texas plates. In total, there were probably 20 of them.
I may have seen this before in the same location, but yesterday I spotted this 2nd generation (1963-33) Plymouth Valiant V8 Wagon.
Love the crank rear window.
I saw a 1950ish Mercury in traffic this morning. I’d describe it as a rat rod, or just a car that was unrestored cosmetically, but obviously running and driving.
Hey now mama, you look so fine
Driven round in your Mercury 49’
Crazy 'bout a Mercury
Lord, I’m crazy 'bout a Mercury
I’m gonna buy me a Mercury and cruise it up and down the road
Those had a retractable rear window.
I didn’t get a picture of it but I saw a Toyota truck with a snorkel. All I could think of was how much damage would occur if driven in water high enough to need it. It would destroy the electrical system.
In the category of regular cars that you just don’t see often anymore, I saw a 1988-92 Corolla in traffic. It looked like it was in very good condition for its age, at least from my vantage point.
I spotted 1992 Ford Mustang GT in the parking lot at work. Kind of amazing that it’s a 35 year old car but it looks like it’s a daily driver, at least in the summer.
I am entering a five-way intersection in my bus. All the turns there are tough. A Ford F-250 pickup is using a sliver of a gas station to make a turn. He enters my lane. I see he is pulling a very long van trailer, the sort used by landscapers. I can see the trailer is overloaded, it’s belly is just about scraping the asphalt.
Behind the poor abused trailer is a mini-forklift. It has its tines under the end of the trailer and is giving a boost. The whole caravan makes a very slow left turn, ending up in front of me. I notice a guy in a backwards ballcap. He takes it upon himself to stop traffic in the intersection. The whole parade enters the intersection. In order to help, I suppose, a semi-trailer sounds his air horn.
The pickup, the trailer and the forklift continues unconcerned around the next obtuse corner. Great fun.
This evening I saw the KCRA “Live Tracker 3” news van in traffic. Actually it wasn’t really a van, it was something like a Ford Expedition.
Then later I saw either a civilian Hummer H1 or a real military Humvee, not sure which but was painted olive drab like a military vehicle. Either way I assume it was driven by a civilian, because they were apparently just driving it to Home Depot, which I assume is not an approved use for a government vehicle. I assume a civilian could pick up a decommissioned Humvee at a surplus store or government auction or such, corrrect?
Yep. Here’s one site for such things:
I spent $560 and a half Subway sandwich and turned my XJ into something cooler for $1000 total. ![]()
Guy sitting in the middle if the road (turning lane) on three wheels / tires…& a rotor. The rotor didn’t even look vertical. No other wheel / tire was seen. Ooops!
Passed by this Impala SS on my way home from the dentist.
I just noticed “Caprice” on the hood and the rear quarter panel. Either that’s utter nonsense, like “Super Spr Sport”, or the car is an import.
this past weekend we saw a bright yellow Citroën Méhari downtown. Of course, I didn’t know it was a Citroën Méhari at the time, I had to look it up later. Never seen one before anywhere.
Tonight on my drive home I saw a Subaru Sambar kei van, probably one of the most recent generations which are rebadged Daihatsus. Cute little thing, but I’d hate to be in an accident with a large American car in one of those.
Just got back from a trip to Paris where I saw some amazing supercars at a fancy hotel. Will post those photos shortly.
I saw a car like this a few days ago. I’m in Iowa.
Here’s an album from a bunch of cars spotted in Paris. The first two were just seen on the street, but the supercars and hypercars were at the Peninsula Paris Hotel, which apparently hosts car events. There were Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Bughattis, Aston Martins, and McLarens, all with Saudi license plates so I wonder if they were all owned by one person.
I found this video taken by someone else of the same cars.