What's the name of the film set in a future where everyone's dumb?

UM Question in title.

I believe you are referring to Idiocracy, directed by Mike Judge.

Idiocracy.

I understand the soundtrack was by Duran Duran.

Logan’s Run. Obviously.

It’s got what **Lobsang **craves

I don’t think we have time for a handjob!

Oh boy, I love that there’s actually a word for the idea of de-evolving: Dysgenics

Star Trek?

Not Devolution?

I love that movie. The digital clock tower flashing 12:00, FOX News is still around in 2505, Hormel Chavez, star of Ow! My Balls!, President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho, and attorney Frito Pendejo.

Well ‘Devolution’ can have several meanings (Such as when Countries of Great Britain become self-govorned)

Go 'way! ‘Batin’.

Joe

I objuct that he interupted me when I was watching ouch my balls! I’m gonna mistrial my foot up your ass if you dunt shut up.

Awesome movie.

Great movie

brought to you by Carl’s Jr.

I forgot about that “and why do you say that every time? Because they pay me every time I do if you’re so smart why don’t you know that”
It must be one of my top 10 movies of all time.

Once, while reading claimant correspondence at work, I remarked loudly “You talk like a fag and your shit’s all retarded!” I had a little 'splainin to do to my cubemate. Then I brought in the DVD for him.

When he brought it back he said, “It’d been funnier if I wasn’t thinking that that actually is happening the whole time I watched.”

Those were my thoughts too.

I don’t think this film is as widely known as I thought it was before today… I asked two young internet-savvy lads (early twenties), both able to watch just about any film they want and DO… “What’s the name of that film where it’s the future and everyone’s dumb?”

Anyway, my original intention was to find out the name so I could post “I don’t want to end up as that guy in Idiocracy who contributes to the downfall by not having kids… or worse the guy that contributes by having too many” in the Parental Fears thread. Which in hindsight is a bit dumb, because I am worried I won’t have any… Pretty sure I won’t have loads.

Edit: I’m liking that people think this is a great movie. I thought it’d be a little low-brow for the tastes of my fellow Dopers. Guess not.

I have to buy some Brawndo one of these days. It’s got what plants crave. It’s got electrolytes.

I like money.

For the fans of this film: If you haven’t heard of ‘powerthirst’ you need to go to youtube right now.
In fact I’ll help…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

I don’t think it’s in the film but it’s definitely inspired by the film.