What's the ratio of sunrises you've seen from the "right" way around vs the "wrong" way

You have right and wrong mixed up.

This. Remember that, if you live north or south of about 30 degrees, you can get up at the same time every morning of the year (say, 6:30), and yet you’ll only “see” sunrises during some of those mornings (around here, something like November through February).

I’m a night owl who seems to wind up on the early shift far more frequently than I’d like, so at this point I haven’t a clue, just that that I’ve seen a lot of sunrises from both sides.

And I would argue that they’re all good.

During several weeks of the late fall and winter the sun doesn’t rise here until after 7am. Good God I wish I was still asleep then.

But yeah, even though I’m a night owl, I rarely see the sun come up because I’m still up. If I stay up really late, we’re talking 3 or 4am, not late enough to see the sun.

Have worked 2nd and 3rd shift quite a bit over the last few years. that has increased it to about even.

I tend to agree, but…

I would say they are all bad.

I work in tech and I’ve never been able to get up as late as 10. Nowadays I get up at 6am because I have to get my son to school before I go to work.