What's wrong with kung fu wifey? (alcohol related)

I was gonna chime in with go to the doctors. Last time I got as sick as you described, I ended up in the hospital for half a day on an IV (called the Health line and was told if you are constantly being sick for 5 or more hours and can’t keep anything down get yourself to a hospital asap) and I wasn’t drinking anytime around then.

I will say always always always eat something either before you go out drinking or while you are drinking to help absorb some of the alcohol. 3.5 Smirnoff Ices… yeah that’d do anyone in. I did that before I learned to eat before/during my drinking. I also learned hot days and alcohol do not mix… well, unless it’s an ice cold beer. Still love my smirnoff ice’s though, despite the drinking too much vodka before I learned my limits.

See, that’s your problem right there. You should have drunk Moskovskaya, Wyborowa or Stolychnaya instead. :wink:

So does Smirnof Ice actually contain Smirnof vodka in Canada? Here in the states it’s a weak “malt beverage” that just tastes like a mixed vodka drink. Pretty lame down here.

I’m sticking by my food poisoning theory - I’d toss that spinach dip. Glad to hear you’re feeling better - chicken soup is your friend, and probably will be for a day or two.

I wonder if somebody added something to the drinks.

Amber had eaten lunch at a restaurant the afternoon before she went drinking, and we learned yesterday that their freezer had gone all wonky the night before. We work on a Restaurant Strip, so we get all the gossip. Apparently the freezer thawed out during the night before starting up again, re-freezing everything before the store re-opened, with no one the wiser… until the reports of food poisoning started coming in.

Anyway, all is well with the West Side Lezzies. Amber says she doesn’t want to drink anymore, though.

“West Side Lezzies” … :smiley:

Good to know you figured it out. My vote was on food poisoning from the get go. Nothing else has ever made my puke that bad or often. Nothing worse than random puking for no reason. Now she can go on her next “bender” knowing that alcohol wasn’t a factor in the last disaster.

When I had food poisoning, Sprite was the only thing I could drink. Seven Up wouldn’t quite work for me.

Lay in a supply for the lady. I hope she feels better soon.

Sure am, going out tonight. It’s pride week here so the only thing that would stop me is… um… well if I were dead pretty much. And since I am very much alive I think I will be partying hard tonight. So if all goes well you shouldn’t be hearing from Lola tonight asking if I am dying or not. Cheers!