What's your daily paper

Monday thru Friday- The Independent Florida Alligator, free university newspaper.

On Wednesdays- FYI, entertainment (local and outside) news weekly paper.

On Fridays- The Gainesville Sun, simply because it is delivered for free those days. I also read it on the bus each time I find it laying around. Heck, I’ll read any newspaper laying around that I can find.

Once per month:

Campus Talk, monthly free newspaper.
Satellite, monthly free newspaper about local news
InSite, monthly free newspaper about entertainment

Washington Post Online

Loudoun Time-Mirror (Weekly)
The Blue Ridge Leader (Weekly)

Occasionally Leesburg Today and cnn.com.

But I appear to be addicted to NPR.

The Clarion-Ledger. Which some folks call the Clarion-Liar. Funny how every paper gets a not-so-flattering nickname, ain’t it? When I went to college, the town paper was the Oxford Eagle (Buzzard); the college paper was the Daily Mississippian (Mistake).

I don’t take the paper for National & World News, which I usually pick up on the 'net, but for local stuff. Politics etc. HOWEVER my favorite part of the paper is the comics page; I read it every night before going to bed. After I work the Cryptoquote that is. :wink:

The paper sent a poll one time to ask how they could cut down on newsprint and still satisfy readers. I replied that they could leave the entire sports section out and I wouldn’t care :stuck_out_tongue: !! Actually I would, 'cause that’s what I use to start a fire in the fireplace.

The Nottingham Evening Post is what I normally buy. There are a couple of other papers quite popular in this area, but not interested in them.

Also use Ananova and the BBC quite a bit for more global news.

I have a Chicago Tribune subscription, but occasionally read the Chicago Sun-Times on the train during my commute home from work. For weeklies, I’ll usually grab the Chicago Reader and/or The Onion.

Google News online

NPR in the car

I read the Chicago Sun-Times mainly for Richard Roeper, Quick Takes, the Horoscopes, Paige Wiser, Rhona Raskin, and the horse racing column, and every once in awhile for Mariotti and Telander. Oh, and the Food Section and Pat Bruno’s columns.

I read the Daily Herald for Dilbert, the Food Section, Deb Delsandro, and local news.

Regular news, I watch TV or listen to the radio.

Real well rounded, ain’t I? :rolleyes:

NY Post

The Arizona Republic, (which by many has been renamed the AZ Repulsive), home delivery, Thursday-Sunday.

On Wednesdays, I pick up a copy of The New Times. The NT is good because, 1) It’s free; 2) Its dining and entertainment listings are good; 3) It’s available at every convenience store or gas station.

Monday-Friday several people in the office bring in copies of the Tribune, which is a lighter version of the AR.

The Wash Post is pretty good and is what I get, yet is usually lacking in local and international news.

I sometimes get a copy of NYT or WSJ, but I don’t subscribe because of the costs, especially of the Journal.

I agree with the above poster about the WSJ editorial staff. It can range from Pat Robertson to a bit right of Mussolini. Although yes, some of the op-eds are good.

As for international papers, I sometimes pick up a copy of The Guardian that is a few days old and ridiculously expensive, but usually read it online.

The one at which I serve as copy editor. BUT I also subscribe to the major daily in the state, The Oregonian.

We get Aftenposten (which has an English news service online for those of you who haven’t learned Norwegian yet) morning and evening. Once in a while the paperboy will stick a free copy of Slasker og Blærums Budstikke, a.k.a. “Budstikka”, in our mailbox, after which we get a call asking if we’d like to subscribe. Who has the time to read three newspapers a day?

I also have a couple of online news sites I’ll check out as often as time permits.