What's your favorite part of a cat?

The chin. It’s the smoothest part of the fur and petting it causes insta-purring.

I cannot separate out the various facial features. I just have to say “face.” After all, when our adorable black cat lies upside down in a chair looking completely innocent while swatting at passersby, there’s no one component that makes him look like the world’s cutest bat. The big, black, soulful eyes, the ears at full, furry attention, and the partially exposed fangs are all contributing factors—how could I single one out?

My late kitty Paris was solid black with brilliant blue-green eyes. I’ve never seen a cat with eyes like that.

I also liked to see his little pink anus when he walked away from me, tail up.

That’s the one part I don’t like! Whenever they jump on on me and give me the butt face, I tap them on the shoulder and tell them to point The Cute End at me!

The nose. Made for booping.

Yes. The chin and the chest area. That’s the softest thing you will ever touch. Especially on a kitten.

That’s what I’m going with, too: The purr.

Hm, usually patchy fur coloration is only found in females.

No need to 'splain. I did declaw one kitten, only because he was hell on my other two resident cats who were a) bonded adults and b) came from a very abusive situation and had not yet learned to trust. That kitten was going to be the death of them. I had a long talk with the vet and we pretty much concluded that it was necessary for the mental health of all three cats. Tough decision, but faced with the same situation, I’d do it again. My current cats have all their weapons.

As for favorite part, I just had to select belly. When it is dinner time and the cats go running for the feeding station, my heart just melts when I watch the bellies sway as they run. Don’t know why, but there it is.

He was only white and grey, but unlike his brother, who is pretty much solid grey on top, and solid while on his belly, this guy was sort of a mottled pattern all over. I have no idea if that’s normally a female thing, but I had it on good authority he was male.

Ears, I’m all about the ears.

Forehead. Because that’s what gives the head bumps.

Both my two cats were on the more-feral side of semiferal when I got them and had spent years in the shelter. They’re clingy little monsters now, but it took a long time to earn their trust. My female, in particular, has never been “quite right,” possibly due to being starved of oxygen as a baby. But she’s also a chubby, oddly-shaped cat with no neck and little legs who has always moved like an old lady.

With ferals/semiferals, there are a lot of wonderful little bonus milestones. The first time they let you pet them. The first time they get on the bed with you. And with her… I’ll never forget the day I was petting and snuggling her and she rolled over on her back… to reveal a big white “bikini bottom” patch on her belly that I hadn’t known was there. I’d had no idea she wasn’t solid black.

She loves belly rubs (see? weird) and begs for them now and I get to see a lot of that little white patch, but it’s probably my favorite part of her. Like a little secret she was waiting to show me.

The belly! That’s where the softest, most petable fur is, and my cat loves to have his belly rubbed.

The meow😻

It’s a trap!

Had a cat once that would lick my bare feet… AMAZING!

When I’m making friends with a new cat, they all seem to love when I pet the side of their head and neck. Sometimes they’ll lean against my hand and I can just lower them right to the ground.

Depends on the cat. My cat is pretty fluffy, in both the literal and euphemistic sense, and I picked “belly” because nuzzling his is my greatest joy. (He lies back looking vaguely exasperated yet resigned, and when he’s had enough he gently yet disdainfully pushes my forehead away with one outstretched paw.) My parents’ cat is lean and sleek, and would keep at least 51% of your face if you tried that with her. But she makes the most adorable little squeaks…

He lies back and thinks of England catnip, eh?

:laughing:
(And extra text)