What's your favorite word, and why?

Brouhaha.

(So I loved finding out there’s a Doper named Brujaja.)

Vicissitudes. I once tried to put it into a scientific report, but was overruled. I learned the word on an episode of ALF, when he joints a monastery and tells the Tanners that he wants to contemplate the vicissitudes of life.

Defenestration.
So often, I want to do this to certain people, and only restrain myself by saying the word over and over in my mind.

Pulpo. Spanish noun for Octopus

Quincunx. Both because it has a Q and an X in it, and also because it is the word used to describe the ‘five-spot’ pattern we all recognize from dice.

“Free” has to be at the top of my list, particularly when followed by the word “beer.”

Discombobulate. Because it’s fun to witness, and even more fun sometimes to instigate.

Plethora. Who doesn’t like a plethora of just about anything.

Well played, gigi.

Absquatulate. It’s a pseudo-Latinate word meaning to leave, probably made up for humorous purposes a hundred years ago. I discovered it as a crossword clue in the past tense, absquatulated, and the answer to the clue was left.

Do you encounter people who use “What’s the good word?” as a greeting? I tell them absquatulate.

Bird. It’s the word, after all.

Seriously, though, callipygian. The classiest way ever to tell someone they’ve got a nice ass.

(Also fond of steatopygian, the classiest way ever to tell someone they’ve got a fat ass. But of course, as Sir Mix-a-Lot would point out, for at least some folks, steatopygian and callipygian are not mutually exclusive…)

My favorite word is ‘why’, because much of what I do is in answer to that question.
And, I like to know why things happen.

Yes

Persnickety.

If I had to pick a second favorite word, I’d go with heterological.

Bodacious: a blend of Bold and Audacious and so very effective in describing something outrageously awesome.

Often linked with ta-tas.

I’m partial to corpulent and mendacious. They allow you to call someone a big fat liar with both elegance and panache. :cool:

Fallopian. It’s fun to say.

“Schadenfreude” is what I came in to mention. Not only is it fun to say, it’s a great concept.

Up until about 15 years ago, I didn’t even know that was a word. But I got the meaning almost immediately from the context of the conversation. My friends were wondering how you’d fenestrate someone.

A few years later I found out. Again, from context.