What's your favorite word?

What’s your favorite word? The word that no matter when you hear it, makes you smile for some reason? A word that you greatly enjoy using?

My favorite word is “clever”. My Grandma Stokes always uses it. Usually when describing herself. For some reason, I find it incredibly endearing.
It’s sorta funny that my least favorite word is the one my Grandma Wardles uses: ignorant.

So, what about you?

for me it is really two words (I hope that counts) …

Little Italy … say it now … nice and fast …

feels so nice to say … mmmmm …

Mine is money. Blame the Sports Junkies.

Carp.

As in the fish. Don’t ask me why, I only wish I knew.

I like the words “sardonic” and “pillow” – not the meaning, just the sound of them is appealing to say.

Lazarus7, I know just what you mean. My grandparents have lived all their lives in Baltimore’s Littlittlittlittlittly. :slight_smile:

(On a similar note, I can’t say the words “inherited it” without going on a word loop as well – inheritededededit!)

I love the word “puce,” both for sound and meaning.

“Impugn” Fun to say and spell! Good stuff all over. Intrigue is another. <Call me intriguing, I like it>

Mmmm…I like words…

I like saying Pepperlandgirl

I was always fond of malifluous

My two favorite words are:

1. Shat. Past tense of the verb shit. It’s used so uncommonly, I love it.

2. Moot. What’s better than a funny word that describes something as pointless?

Sussurus

It just sounds so cool!

galaxy
phenomenon
eclipse
ellipse
ecliptic
eclectic
equator
equinox
solstice
sassafras
yttrium
lepton
quasar
dysprosium
scandium
galactophore
Pleiades
universe
university
lexicon
ocean
Hawaii
chymotrypsin
Pacific
grace
pineapple
assassinate (!)
Montreal
peace
slender
hospital
womb
quark (“I like to say quark! Quark quark quark quark!”)

My favourite is “dodgy,” UK slang for “not quite on the level.” My indiscriminate use of it when I was living in Toronto led some of my friends to call me “Mr. Dodgy.” That would be a great nickname for an East End gangster, ¿no?

neophyte

Snark.

I don’t know how to explain what snark is, really. It’s a guitar tone. Musicians know what it is, and I know it when I hear it. It’s just a fun word, and it rhymes with “quark,” which I wholeheartedly agree with matt about–that’s a darn fun word to say!

Thanks to law school, I’m just itchin’ for my first opportunity to use the word “usufruct”.

Well, gee, all of you make me and my “clever” look pretty boring and mundane. :slight_smile:

unfortunately

I like:

panache
syzygy
defenestrate
kraken
matriculate
thaumaturge

There are thousands more, but these came off the top of my head.

I have so many (I’m a big fan of words). Here’s a few:

Ridiculous (I love this word; great for all occasions)
Marginal
Purple
Dude (I use it all the time; yeah, I know, but it’s the word with a 1000 meanings :))
Shimmering (part of a great phrase that I came up with: Sweet Shimmering Sheep Shit!)
Fuck (a very interesting word; it can be used to hurt, but can also be hilarious, and it has so many combinations)
Shit (same reason as fuck)
Poop (just a funny kiddie word)
Classy
Sass
Trainspotting (I know, it’s a movie, but the word if you’re “trainspotting”, it’s slang for doing nothing)
Lunchbox
Boobies (just a funny word)
Berserker
Bitch (I don’t like it when it’s used to hurt people’s feelings, but it can be hilarious)
Lung Rockets (great slang for cigarettes; too bad I don’t smoke)
Samurai
Ass
Bollocks
Station

Well, that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. It’s a fairly eclectic list, I know. I have more, and I know that I’ll think of them as soon as I post.