What's your first thought when you see this photo?

I have to admit I never thought they were supposed to be related. I figured the guy was training with the girl because they had a similar handicap and that was their only connection.

And don’t feel bad because you misread the situation. It’s not that big a deal.

The only thing that’s horrifying is the lack of kerning in “HAMILTON.”

ARGH! You’re right.:eek:

With his slightly off-kilter overly-wide smile my first thought was seriously “Five seconds after this picture was taken, the little girl was eaten.”

I feel sorry for the little girl-no hands seems like it will be a severe handicap. Thank god legs are less of an issue that in years gone by. Other than that, kind of a trite message but a nice one.

Damn you!

Oh. My. I thought your mind just went to a place of dark humor. I didn’t realize you actually, actually thought that. :eek:

And I thought my brain went to dark places…

My first thought is that I saw this picture on FB already.

Without reading anything but the OP before posting this:

No horrifying thoughts at all. I don’t know that I’d say I was ‘heartwarmed’, but I think it’s a positive image.

I’m not sure what the horrifying thought is that you had, but I certainly didn’t see it.

I had just watched Pistorius run in the Olympics this morning so when I saw this pic I just thought some more about that. I’m really impressed by this guy.

I didn’t realize the guy in the picture was Pistorious (because I didn’t see his little nametag initially), but my first thought on the picture was “Awwww” as in cute and awesome that the handicapped athlete was mentoring (and possibly inspiring) the little handicapped girl.

The only horrifying thought I had was, “Even in an ad about empowerment, they have to stick the little girl in a dress.” Who can be athletic in a damned dress?

I also thought he might fall over, trying to run slowly enough to keep pace with her.

Other than that, nothing.

Having read the original horrifying thought, I must say …

I don’t know what to say.

If you were a friend, I’d be a little worried about you. Happy people do not have such thoughts. Maybe you should “talk to some one.”

Ditto … :cool:

Holy shit - I didn’t even see the missing hands!

Of course you didn’t see them.

:stuck_out_tongue: