What's your view on marshmellow peeps?

Mentioned in the Easter candy thread.

Hardened semen from Satan. I suppose some people are into that kind of thing, but no normal human being would ever even hold one. You know, because they’re made with Satan’s semen.

Way too few of options. You need a “Hate the vile things… but better fresh than stale” for one. So I had to just go with “Hate them.”

Man, Satan’s semen is tasty. Don’t be so square.

I don’t *want *to love peeps, but I do. I really really do. Probably has to do with the Satan thing Justin mentioned.

Why don’t you have a ‘meh’ option?

No “taste gross but fun to microwave” option?

I also would like to have had a “meh” or “take it or leave it” option.

Is it that time of the year already? Commendations on the new options though, I never really thought about it so I chose the third option.

They are vile tasting but SO much fun to enlarge in the microwave.

My coworker used a vacuum food sucker to shrink/flatten some peeps, we kept them in a jar for years - fetal peeps.

I get a sugar headache just thinking about Peeps, otherwise meh.

They must be wiped from the face of the earth - by ingesting mass quantities of them!

I really, really want to see an episode of Iron Chef America with Peeps as the secret ingredient. If that ever happens, my brain asplode.

Love 'em fresh!

A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, and had to stop eating Peeps. There are many sweet things that I have continued to eat from time to time, but I just couldn’t ever justify a Peep: they’re, like, 100% sugar. That first Peeps-less Easter was very sad. :frowning:

But then just the other week I discovered sugar-free Peeps!! :slight_smile: They don’t taste exactly like the real thing, but they’re close enough! March is once again a happy month for me!

The other day I saw milk-chocolate-covered Peeps at a store. Each individual Peep was seated in a kind of chocolate base. There’s a sugar rush for you.

And I love Peeps. I love anything marshmallow-y.

Peeps are one drug I can easily say no to.

You’ve gotta tell them! Soylent Green is Peeps! We’ve gotta stop them somehow!

Charlton Heston knew the danger.

That would be mayonnaise.

Peeps are angel poop.

I wouldn’t willingly eat one, but they make great decorations.

Sorry guys, peeps are nasty.

Where’s the “Peeps are NOT FOOD, they are for microwave jousting” option?

I like 'em, I’d just never put one in my mouth, and don’t understand why people think they’re edible, when obviously they’re cool torturable one-shot microwave toys. We don’t have enough microwave toys, really, so they’re filling an important ecological niche.