When did the Daleks get so friggin' formidable?

Owie. Stopit.

Wish they’d hurry up and get on with season 4, already. The preview doesn’t have a dalek in sight, but you just know they’re in there somewhere…

Doctor: “What is it with the Green women, then?”
“EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!”
Kirk: “Dammit, I tore my shirt.”
“THE SHIRT IS RIPPED! WE ARE DOOMED! ELEVATE! ELEVATE! RUN AWAY!”

Plus I believe that the Daleks said about the Cybermen something like “A pathetic attempt to transform themselves into superior beings!”

Tongue in cheek, I’d say that the only thing that had prevented the Daleks from universal conquest was their inability to master stairs; once they improved their hover technology to overcome that, the universe trembled. :smiley:

I’m sorry, but the Dalek-stairs joke is the oldest one in the Doctor Who canon, and I can’t believe it’s been resurrected twice in this thread already.

For what it’s worth, stairs haven’t been a problem for Daleks on-screen in ages.

I heard rumours, on another board, that a certain other somebody would be coming back for the next season. Based only on the new line of Doctor Who miniatures, which included a model of Davros amongst all the other announced or recently featured bad guys.

Ooo, ooo, perfect thread in which to ask this maybe–does anyone recall an episode (it would’ve had to have been made before like… maybe '82) where there was a box with disembodied green hands in it? I googled a bit and it could be the one entitled “Inferno” but I’m not positive. I saw it as a kid and it terrified me to the point that I’d run from the room crying when the Dr. Who music came on! My friends and I do a weekly Dr. Who night and I’d love to get that episode.

We get a random episode to watch each week, and the dalek-centric ones are our favorites. We MSTK3K it up big time.

Well, it could be “The Hand of Fear.”