When I click "To" in Outlook I see contacts only from one account

I have been Googling this for 20 minutes and finding related but different issues. I even found an old post of mine here from 2012 with a related but different question.

When I create a new email, I can click the “To” button to select contacts to put in the “To” field. I have two accounts set up in Outlook, but the To button just brings up the contacts from one of those accounts, not the other.

How can I configure it to select from either account’s Contact list?

Open the Address Book, and select Tools/Options from the menu. Select Custom and make sure both accounts are listed.

ETA: hmmm, that might not do what you want. That will help for auto-completion of addresses you type, but if you click the To button, you might still have to choose one or the other account from the Address Book dropdown.

I should have added that I am using Office 365. When I select Tools, “Options” is not available. If I click directly on Options, there are no options like what you described.

I would be more than happy to be able to choose an account from the Address Book dropdown, but right now it only shows one account.

If you have the desktop version of Outlook, go to Contacts and right-click the account that isn’t currently showing. Select Properties, Outlook Address Book tab and make sure “Show this folder as an email Address Book” is checked.

Sorry, I’m not sure where this setting is in the web version.

That is brilliant, thank you very much. I never would have found that by poking around.

Over the years Microsoft has designed their products to have more and more comprehensive functionality and be more and more difficult to use, until soon they will do everything but you won’t know how to do any of it.

Glad I could help.

At times Microsoft has good design, and other times I just shake my head. Like this - why would they bury this setting here instead of putting everything under Options? It’s frustrating.