When should I get my next Covid Vaccination?

Comirnaty and Trivalent Flu shots done as of this afternoon. Now 4-ish hours, I have some increased pain in at the injection site (left deltoid) but nothing else so far. Generally though it’s 6-8 hours before I start feeling under the weather, and maybe 12 before I feel bad, which continues for 48ish hours.

Historically, when it was just flu, it was a minor reaction (degree of fever for a day or two) but the Covid vax up until now have been rougher. Here’s hoping this one’s an exception!

I’m now aways past 48h after the mNEXPSPIKE. No arm soreness, no symptoms. Looks like I probably skated by w no problems on this one. Lucky me.

22 hour check in -

Around 11 hours after the shot (close to my original estimate!) was definitely feeling worse for wear. Not terrible, but my thermoregulation went out the window which is generally my first really noticeable sign of a fever. Since then, running around a degree and half to two degree fever, with energy being up or down as it goes.

Not high enough to have some of the body aches of the past, and nothing more than two degrees F (last years gave me three degrees of fever!).

Injection site is slightly painful, but not aching.

Overall, not feeling myself, but it would be one of those things where I’d go to work and complain a lot, rather than burn sick time, so not terrible. Still a chance of it getting worse over the next 24-48 hours, but unlikely.

My wife had it worse briefly. She woke up around the time I managed to get to bed with a fever of about 2.5F, lots of aches, and briefly felt so painful that she threw up a bit.

She then soaked in the tub for two hours until the fever broke. She still feels “gross” but no fever, and dragged herself into work though I expect her to come home, eat junk food (we stockpiled plenty), and pass out.

So anecdotally, not issue free, but we’re both doing better than last year!

( last year I was more feverish, felt worse, and lasted longer, and she took off two days of work)

Just remember, symptoms are actually often a good sign of a robust immune system :slightly_smiling_face:. Though the converse isn’t necessarily true, so you could still wish for your body to process the vaccination with just a little less inflammation please.

True that, which is what I say to my wife every time she has a worse reaction than I do (that’s why she keeps putting off her pneumonia shot)!

Mostly, I just wanted to say that this year is LESS severe than past years for myself and mine, which might be encouraging to fence-sitters who similarly have had bad experiences.

The more of us that take the time, effort and possible suffering, the better for all.

I got a Covid (pfizer) and a flu shot last night around 6PM. So far so good, just a sore arm at the injection site.

I think I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again - in the past, flu shots have made me oogy the next day. Since I started getting Covid shots, I have not had any reaction to flu shots.

I am getting my flu and COVID shots tomorrow morning. Our county government has arranged for a local pharmacist to do both at the courthouse at 8 AM.

I usually don’t get much of a reaction but I’ve never received both at the same time before.