When was the last time Cecil answered a question posted in this forum?

The forum description:

Got a factual question for the Teeming Millions (and possibly Cecil) to consider? Post it here.

Has it happened often? Does anyone know the most recent example?

I’ve been lurking here for over five years, and I don’t recall ever seeing Cecil show up.

I have been here for 12 years and it hasn’t happened since I joined. I hear next week is looking good though.

He used to post every now and then, on very rare occasions. At least someone using the username Cecil Adams did. I’m sure the name still exists if someone wants to go to the trouble of looking him up. It used to always cause a minor stir, with people posting just so they could say they posted in the same thread as him and put links in their sig and other '90s-era internet nonsense.

I’ve never seen Cecil answer questions here in GQ, but the questions Cecil answers in his column include some that get asked here on the SDMB. I don’t remember what the most recent example is, but here’s one from last November. Notice that the question is attributed to “— Bldysabba, via the Straight Dope Message Board.”

I was wrong. He has posted a total of 92 times but most of those are in Comments on Cecil’s Columns. There are some very rare posts in other forums. The last GQ post was in 2005 for instance. You can search under user name ‘Cecil Adams’ yourself if you want to see them.

The Perfect Master’s last post: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?p=12009626#post12009626

I should have said: When was the last time Cecil answered a question originally posted in GQ in his column?

Thudlow Boink’s example was what I was looking for, although I’m not sure the question was originally posted in this forum.

This being the General Questions section for factual answers, you do of course know that there is not now, and never has been, an actual Cecil Adams?

He is as real as Bugs Bunny, and only a little bit funnier.

On April 20, 2012(oh Cecil, you card!) he answered a question by Dinsdale originally posted in GQ in 2007, and zombified in March of 2012.

That looks like someone who has access to the “Cecil Adams” log-in posted under that user ID name inadvertently.

Yeah, I can’t image Cecil apologizing and being all polite-like. :smiley:

Answering questions? No, but a “Cecil Adams” once welcomed every new member.

Sure, but it’s a harmless fiction.

As Long as he doesn’t pretend to be a sexy quad.