When will 'Wicked' play in places outside of New York?

When I was in LA this summer, I saw lots of ads hyping the new show ‘Wicked’. This looked interesting, and since the ads were everywhere, I assumed the show was playing in Los Angeles.

I found out the only place it is playing is in New York :frowning:

Anybody know when they might start showing this show in the West Coast? I really want to see it, but I can’t afford to go to New York to do so!

I’m thinking this should probably be in CS, not GD, unless you’re subtlely suggesting that there’s a government conspiracy afoot to prevent regional tours. :slight_smile:

So far as I know, there are no current plans for Wicked to go on tour. I wish it would – I’m closer to seeing it than you are, being in DC, but I’d still be thrilled to have it come here!

Yeah, this should probably go in CS.

Anyway, as the world’s self-proclaimed Wicked expert, here you go:

*With rehearsals scheduled to begin in mid January 2005, Wicked will be ready to open in Toronto in the spring. The multimillion dollar Broadway set will be recreated in a more streamlined form to make it tourable. With rehearsals scheduled to begin in mid January 2005, Wicked will be ready to open in Toronto in the spring. The multimillion dollar Broadway set will be recreated in a more streamlined form to make it tourable.

Joe Mantello will direct the tour that is being organized by David Stone Productions. Stephen Schwartz and Winnie Holzman will be involved with casting and with any small adjustments that need to be made to the script and score as the new cast enters.

Among the U.S. cities rumored to be included in the tour are San Francisco and Denver. *

The Chicago run tickets can be found URL=http://www.broadwayinchicago.com/shows_dyn.php?cmd=display_current&display_showtag=wicked05]here

[Moderator Hat ON]

To Cafe Society.

[Moderator Hat OFF]