Where do coke dealers get those cute little Zip-loc baggies?

Within four hours over a dozen people chimed in and confirmed they were familiar with cute little coke bagies. What kind of message board is this? :wink:

Those bags are available from most stationary shops in the UK. I can’t understand why they would get banned, what would that achieve other than force fashion conscious dealers to use clingfilm or those cool little origami envelopes. I wonder what the shareholders in the company that produces them make of the sudden surge in popularity?

The sell them at plastics fabrication shops (such as TAP plastics on the West Coast.) We also used them when I worked for an orthodontist to hold little rubber bands, bits of wire, etc. and they could be ordered from any dental supply catalog.

Google is your friend.

Don’t know what this says about where I live, but they’re available at the Dollar Store here. :S

Mine comes in cans.

They’re great for finger sandwiches.

Minigrip Bags - I use them to hold bird blood samples dried on paper filters.

Really, I swear I do.

People snort the weirdest things.

They don’t call us dopers for nothing :smiley:

I buy mini bags of all sizes for my button and mirror business.

You can buy them by the case at www.papermart.com .
You get a ton of them for the price a hobby shop will sell them to you for.

[highjack for personal commentary]

Okay, line that made me ROFLMAO…

"For the record, I use those little ziplocs to store tiny disks of stainless steel screen. I use them in “experiments.” [MrKnowItAll]

I resemble that remark! LOL!! :wink:

Kudos also to Brach, Willass and my girl Cheeky!!! :smiley:

[end highjack. resume.]

Does anyone else find this totally hilarious?

American Science and Suplus sells them dirt cheap. $1.75 for 100.

What kind of fish do you catch with crack as bait??

Hoefish?

I don’t use the really little ones. There’s one size that’s just slightly wider than a CD. But it’s quite a bit taller, so I run them through a paper cutter. Extremely handy for storing lots and lots of CDs.

I have no idea why I can’t buy clear, plastic, CD sleeves at my local stores. I don’t want paper, lining, two-sided, etc. Just clear, plastic.

So Mrs. FtG has a source and keeps me supplied.

[SNL]

You put your WEED in it.

[/SNL]

Screens, for the bong.
D

Like Scarlett, I have several different small sizes to sort out beads and findings for making jewelry. Some I mailorder from jewelry supply places, but most I get at Michael’s - they onces made by Darice.
For a while I worked at a bead shop near a fairly bad part of Greensboro NC. We sold furnace glass beads by weight and many of our customers described themselves as “beadaholics.” So if anyone asked what my job was I’d deadpan: “Well, I work right off of Lee Street, weighing expensive stuff out on scales by the gram and putting it in little baggies. Man, some of our clients are really hooked; they spend big bucks in just one visit and they’re back for more in a couple of days!”
Hey, technically it was true!

That was the first I’d heard of the baggies being banned for their associations with drug use. Yyyeah, as if that’s going to stem the tide…“Damn, I can’t unload this kilo of blow now that there are no longer the right sizes of little bags to break it up into. May as well dump it in the Potomac and get a 9-5 job now. sigh

Ummm, that obviously should have been “**- the ones **made by Darice.” I swear I only get baggies for beads, never controlled substances, even tho’ my posting style might imply otherwise…heh.