Where does it say in historic texts that Syria will be start of WW3

Rumour going round that it was predicted in ancient writings that WW3 will start in Syria.

Where?

This rather unscientific website claims there’s a connection between Syria and Revelation 6:4, but you can interpret an ancient writing to mean just about whatever you want it to mean.

It’s in the Hadith;

The Last Hour would not come until the Romans land at al-A’maq or in Dabiq. An army consisting of the best (soldiers) of the people of the earth at that time will come from Medina (to counteract them).[7]

There are no ancient writings that mention World War III.

Top 10 Nostradamus Predictions for 2016

Here’s a checklist of what Nostradamus had predicted for 2015:

Truly amazing how well Nostradamus writes modern English … so you know it has to be true. I am worried about the Poles melting, is that all the Poles or just the ones in Poland?

And boy did he nail it!

The reason this little piece of prophecy has any significance in today’s public discussion is that it’s a part of the philosophical foundation of Daesh:

The supporting cite for that part of the wiki article is article in The Atlantic online called “What ISIS Really Wants”, which is also an interesting read.

So, this claim is interesting because it’s the reason for the Daesh version of immanentizing the eschaton

It would be kind of nice to link to the original text. The 2015 link talked about mount St Helen. I am pretty sure that mount St Helen was not named that by 1503 when Nostradamas died.

Here you go.

Well thats where it started in the book alas babylon

Declan

Unfortunately that link is blocked at work. But I assume it links to Nostradamus’ writings. I was hoping that the people that say

would point to the specific passage that they interpret as referring to the USA and mount St. Helen.

Good discussion of this in The Atlantic here:

Though what I found most interesting is this factoid. The critical action in ISIS’s apocalyptic prophecy is taken by Jesus:

Dabiq was liberated from Daesh recently Cite Cite and [del]penis[/del] Armageddon did not ensue. :stuck_out_tongue:

So what will Daesh call their magazine now? :smiley:

Predictably, they claim that the time for the foretold battle has yet to come.

Does it say it anywhere outright, as opposed to being an arcane interpretation?

Predicting that there will be a war somewhere in the middle east doesn’t exactly take a lot of prophetic ability, so any prediction that says ‘there will be war in the middle east, then bad stuff happens’ would need to explain why all of the previous wars in the area don’t trigger the prophecy. And no ancient texts would actually predict World War III because no one came up with that name until after World War II started, calling whatever they predict ‘World War III’ is clearly someone putting a modern ‘interpretation’ on words that mean something different.

When I was a kid I told my mother I had to choose between immanetizing the eschaton and cleaning my room.

ETA: That started as a joke, but call me Candide.

Well … they’re right in that. No battle anywhere anytime will ever foretell some silly second coming.

But it is a convenient excuse for them to keep promising “Wait 'til next year! We’ll be back.”

I was going to make a joke about the Chicago Cubs, but that just miiiight be tempting Fate a bit too much. For once.