Where is My Civ VI Game?

Yesterday I completed my best-ever Civilization VI game on my Windows 10 machine.

So today I went to my desktop to fire it up again, and my icon is missing. I do a search for Civ VI and the machine takes me to a folder named Civ VI in my Documents folder, but there is no obvious thing entitled “Click Here.”

Any thoughts?
===eta==
Oddly, it is not even on that little drag-down menu listing my most-used programs.

I can get to it by opening Steam. Yesterday, I played another Steam game. How could that have messed with my desktop icon?

I have no idea what could have happened, I don’t think that playing another game had anything to do with it.

You can re-create the desktop shortcut by doing the following:

1. Open your Steam library
  2. Right-click on the game you want to fix and select ‘Create desktop shortcut’
  3. Move the shortcut to where you want it.

You may want to validate the game files (properties–>Local Files–>Verify integrity of game file…’ just in case whatever process did something to the shortcut damaged something else.

Thank you. I am still adjusting to Windows and so I often feel stupid.

Sadly, Steam doesn’t always do expected things when it comes to Windows 10. Finding stuff in that OS that is Steam-related can be a pain in the arse. Windows 7 and 8 were much less confusing that way.

Moved to the Game Room.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

Don’t feel bad.
I’ve used computers for decades and find Windows 10 quite irritating.

Thank you all.

(Vaguely) Similar question - I am playing Civ 6 on Windows 10 and after installing Build 16199 pre release I find that Steam will not open the game. At all. Any suggestions other than just wait for this to (hopefully) be addressed in the next release?

Scott

Huh. I’ve never had a problem with Steam in Win10. In fact, it seems to work better than previous versions of Windows.

It’s not that it doesn’t work, it’s that it puts things in weird places, then makes it hard to find your way to them. finding exactly where save games, screenies, etc. end up being put is a bit of a chore at times.

You were actually playing a version of Ender’s Game and they were satisfied with your results.