Where's the beef?

I don’t have the desire or will power to become a complete vegetarian but I was able to stop eating beef without much difficulty. I do miss it, but I can live without it. So, am I going to have to give up sausages too? Is there any beef in **Italian sausage, bratwurst, or Cajun sausage (Andoulle?)? ** Any other beef free sausages that you know of? I’ve tried turkey/chicken hot dogs and they are just about tasteless but not too bad with lots of extras and condiments.

Why did u stop eating beef?

Bratwurst is traditionally made with pork and veal, so unless you don’t categorize veal as beef, no brats for you.

Italian sausages (at least those commenly sold here in the States) and Andouille sausages are usually made from pork. I’m not sure about brats.

Health, humanitarian and ecological reasons. Also out of respect for my eldest son who doesn’t eat mammals. Maybe some day I’ll go the whole vegetarian route, but one step at a time.

I like Tofurkey’s vegetarian Italian sausages and vegetarian beer brats. (Yes, I was skeptical at first, too, but don’t knock 'em till you try 'em)

Correct, but a lot of commercial brats, from what I’ve seen on labels, only contain pork products. Check to be sure.