Which animals are evil, which animals are good?

Polar bears are evil.

Ants, flies of all kinds, and gnats are evil.

All insects that eat blood from living creatures are evil.

Moths are good, except for clothes moths.

Fireflies are good.

Goldfish are good.

Other people’s? I’ve learned my lesson about touching squirrel nuts.

Beagles are evil.

Oh sure, you get sucked in by their big brown eyes and floppy ears and their general lovability about children but they never listen…can barely be trained and they bay like the devil himself.

I hate beagles.

Naw, I once knew a goat that was totally cool. And very photogenic. If you pointed a camera at him he would pose.

For most woodland creatures, all you need to do is read some of Brian Jacques’ Redwall series. You will see that (I’m sure I’m leaving some out):

Good
Mice
Badgers
Moles
Otters
Hares
Shrews (they’re combative, but good)
some birds (mainly the herbivorous ones)
Voles
Hedgehogs
Squirrels
Evil
Rats
Stoats
Weasels
Foxes
Snakes
Pikes
Ferrets
Eels

Depends on the individual
Cats
Sparrows
Owls

H.P. also implied that whipoorwhills were evil – they stole souls.

Robert E. Howard, writing in a Lovecraftian vein, implied that another bird was evil in the short story “Pigeons From Hell” (I kid you not). Having spent a lot of time in NYC, I can agree.

I always thought cats were chaotic neutral

Man, I like all of the evil animals. haha.

Cats in all of their varieties are evil and I love them for it. :smiley:

In defense of Howard, De Camp’s biography of him suggests that the title was changed by a junior editor. :smack:

Butterflies Good, Moths Evil. Caterpillars are good, but worms are evil. Unless it’s a moth caterpillar - those are evil, too. Unless it’s a silkworm. Then it’s good. Oh, and Mothra is mostly good.

Doves are good.

Frogs can be good or evil, depending on whether they are portents (“raining from the sky” would usually fall under the “portent” category) or sitting on a lily pad. Toads are always evil, though.

Lizards are usually evil. In fact, most things that live in the desert are evil. Because deserts are evil. Swamps are evil places, too, so everythig that lives within one is evil by association.

Yeah, and? Charlotte was a spider; therefore Charlotte was evil, nasty abomination who deserved to be squished underheel before she could spread her sick, twisted message any further.

If one looked closely, I’m certain you’d see her web was festooned with swastikas. Evil, spidery whore.

“Some Pig”, indeed!

Everybody knows that animals are NEUTRAL.

The Monster Manual says so! :wink:

Pigs are evil

Yeah, but that editor didn’t change the story – Howard’s pigeons were as evil as Lovecraft’s Whipoorwhills.

Tapeworms are most definitely evil.

I dunno, I think I could make a pretty good case for the roadrunner (always foiling that trickster coyote) and the quail (who are just cute, no denying it!).

Otherwise, yeah, the desert is evil.

Elf Owls live in the desert, and Elf Owls are good. All other owls are evil though.

But as a general rule, all animals that live in a desert or swamp are evil.

All scavengers are evil as well…jackals, hyaenas, vultures, ghouls, etc.

Animals that come out at night are usually evil. Yes, I’m talking the bats.

Lemurs are always good, unless you’re a madagascar native, then you believe that lemurs are ghosts.

Evil:
[ul]
[li]Praying Mantises[/li][li]Stoats[/li][li]Mink[/li][li]Opossums[/li][li]Rabbits[/li][/ul] [ul]
[li]Dogs[/li][li]Cats[/li][li]Wolves[/li][li]Little Fish[/li][li]Most Birdies[/li][/ul]

Hmm…I tried to put “good” in front of that second list. Must be the EVIL keyboard-mites.