Which next-generation video game system for you?

I currently own a Dreamcast. The only game I have for it so far is Soul Calibur . . . mmm . . . Sophitia . . . drools

. . . Huh? Oh, yeah, where was I . . . Sophitia. drools

Anyway, my biggest problem with the DC so far is the controller. Sega makes horrible controllers and the DC is no exception-- I’ve broken the control pad on two of them so far (the last one just two days ago). Still, I like the system, though I haven’t used it for surfing the web or online games. I’m hoping Sega will release games like Shining Force III for the DC (I’m an RPG freak, I admit it) so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Until then. . . mmm . . . Sophitita . . .

Slaps self

I already know I’m going to buy a Playstation 2 when it comes out. Why? Two reasons:

Final Fantasy 9
Tekken Tag Tournament

'Nuff said.

I don’t know anything about the Xbox, so I’ll wait until it comes out and read the reviews. As for the Dolphin. . . I have a Nintendo 64 that’s been gathering dust for two years. I bought one game for it and nothing since. That’s probably colored my opinions a bit, but I think Nintendo is currently in last place.
– Sylence

yeah, what’s with sega and controllers?

does anyone know why they designed this DC controller so that the cable comes out the bottom?

strange.

…Will be for the PSX, not the PS2. The first PS2 Final Fantasy game will be FFX.

You’re right, Tengu. My bad.
– Sylence

My WAG: if you look at a DC controller, it’s pretty crowded on the top because of the double slots for the memory card/jump pack. They probably could’ve designed it so that both plugged into the bottom instead of the top, but then they would’ve had to reverse the VMU screen and/or redesign the VMU completely, otherwise the images on the screen would have to be inverted when out of the controller and the VMU screen would be too low on the controller to view easily.

Anyway, there’s a groove for the cord so that it runs up the backside of the controller approximating the “cord coming out the top” feel you’re used to- and you only use 5" of cord for it.

All I know is that Perfect Dark is going t keep me busy for a long time. I’m going to go and buy it tommorow, which means that I won’t be on the message board for a while.

As far as I’m concerned, a new game is a perfectly valid reason to leave to board for a while. Have fun hightech, we’ll keep a light on for you.