Which Nut Goes Best With Chocolate

Agreed.

My favorite nut with chocolate combination. The rest are still pretty good as well. The only one I don’t like very much is chestnut.

See, to me, cashews are divine as is. They are my favorite nut. Hazelnuts are just so-so on their own, but with chocolate, they transform into something greater than the sum of its parts.

I’ve had chocolate covered Cashews. They are good, but regular cashews are better. But almond and chocolate just has something.

I don’t believe I’ve had chocolate and hazlenut, but, in my mind, they’d be more like cashews than almonds.

Deez nuts. points down Preferably with a partner…

After that, hazelnut.

Hazelnut, no question about it.

Coconut is not a nut. This is why I had to vote for it. Nuts and chocolate are an Abomination Before the Lord. Especially peanuts.

(but … mmmmm… Bounty bars…)

Oh, but have you had cashews covered in dark chocolate?? That there’s some good eatin’! :cool:

Well technically, chestnut and hazelnut are the only true nuts on the list.

Definitely hazelnut, from Nutella and the like, through Ferrero Roche and Lindt nut balls, any decent choc-praline, and Nigella’s Frangelico chocolate cake, the evidence is everywhere.

The only “nut” I can stand with chocolate is the peanut, and even then it’s not something I’ll go out of my way to get*. Most of the other nuts (and “nuts”) I don’t like at all, but even the ones I can stand, not with my chocolate.

*not with whole peanuts anyway. With peanut butter, that’s an entirely different matter. Chocolate + peanut butter, tis the food of the gods it is.

No love for the walnut. hmmph.

I like lots of different nuts with different chocolates. Why limit yourself?

Cashews. The rich texture and buttery taste of cashew blended with chocolate is pure decadent goodness. Followed closely by peanuts, then almonds.

Nutella exists.

Therefore, Hazelnut is the only correct answer.

However, Almond is a very pleasant second. And walnuts are awesome in chocolate baked goods.