Which Nut Goes Best With Chocolate

I love nuts and I love chocolates, and frankly I love them all together. Though the chocoloate enhances the flavour of some nuts better than others.

For instance, I found hazelnuts tend to get smothered by the chocolate flavour.

That said, I would think Almonds and Chocolate go best together, with peanuts and chocolate and cashews and chocolate a close second and third

And your choice is?

Nuts taste like wood. Bleh.

Any combination of peanut butter and chocolate is the food of the gods. But not the entire nut with chocolate. So I’m going with cashews.

I’m not the biggest fan of chocolate but chocolate with peanuts or chocolate with peanut butter, or chocolate with peanut butter sauce I am totally in love with. I also like chocolate with almonds but much to my dismay, I often have trouble chewing almonds. Hazlenut and chocolate is quite nice. However, cashews are disgusting and I can’t imagine adding them to chocolate could make them better.

I prefer pecans, walnuts, and Brazil nuts plain. Actually I prefer all nuts plain. Macademia nuts only belong in white chocolate which is nasty to begin with (except in cookies).

Whatever nuts are in the Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Hazelnut and…the one mixed in the shell.

“The sweets consist of a whole roasted hazelnut encased in a thin wafer shell filled with hazelnut cream and covered in milk chocolate and chopped hazelnuts and walnuts.” -Wikipedia.

Hazelnut was my first thought before opening the thread, so that’s what I went with. That mix is pretty much summed up by Nutella. Peanuts and almonds are okay mixed in with stuff, but I can’t really eat them alone.

Filberts, by far. (IOW, hazelnuts.) Pretty much all nuts I’ve had work well with chocolate, but I love hazelnuts especially in conjunction with chocolate.

When you go to eat at, say, Chili’s or Applebee’s, you are faced with some kind of hamburger with bacon and cheese. When you buy an average candy bar, you are faced with chocolate and peanut butter. I don’t know why, other than these combinations are cheap and familiar, but I am weary of bacon cheeseburgers and chocolate/peanut butter. So I prefer my chocolate and nuts separate. Any nut except peanuts. Enough already.

Chocolate covered cashews…to die for.

The only thing better is if the cashews are covered with dark chocolate.

Chocolate covered pecans are the food of the gods.

I love fresh pecans from my sister’s tree, removed from the shell and covered in either dark or milk chocolate. Pecans are my go-to nut for brownies, I like them on vanilla ice cream with hot fudge (and sometimes an addition of carmel) or in homemade pecan bark.

Other nuts with chocolate are good, but given the choice, I’ll take pecans.

I also chose pecans, mostly because peanuts aren’t nuts.

I know peanuts are not nuts, but I also don’t like peanuts.

I like almonds in chocolate, hazlenuts in chocolate, but there is something about the creamy-crunch texture and richness of macadamia nuts that goes well with chocolate, both brown and white chocolates though I prefer milk chocolate and macadamia nut in combination.

I think heaven would be a high % milk chocolate in combination with dried cherry and macadamia nuts as a bark or bar.

I may have to get some dried cherries and macadamia nuts, and chocolate and make some. I think I will formulate it with splenda so I dont get the ‘laxative’ effect of normal diabetic chocolate bars. I do have some good quality dark chocolate that is absolutely sugarfree unsweetened for cooking I can work with. Not sure I can turn it into milk chocolate though so it will probably be semisweet dark.

I answered other since I like two different ones depending upon the chocolate. With dark chocolate, I like pecans. With milk chocolate I like almonds. :slight_smile:

Willy Wonka. He was pretty nutty, and great with chocolate.

…wait, what? :slight_smile:

Peanuts, I guess. Though I prefer my chocolate plain.

I was half expecting one of the poll options to be “Deez.”

I voted Macadamia because the best chocolate-covered nuts I had were Macadamia nuts. Of course, that might have been the chocolate, not the nut.

It depends on the confection and what mood I’m in. Hazelnuts are quite lovely with chocolate, but then peanuts are nice when I’m feeling a bit more pedestrian, and almonds have a nice contrasty flavor (who doesn’t love almond bark?), walnuts are perfect in fudge, and pecans are just nice in everything.

Do I have to choose?

I’m not a fan of Hazelnuts, in any form. However, I’ve never met a macadamia I didn’t like, so I went with that. Milk chocolate? Dark chocolate? Doesn’t matter. Put it over a macadamia, and I’m happy! :slight_smile:

Reese’s Peanut butter Cups have been a favorite of mine for years.

I like Almond Joy too. Almond, Coconut and Chocolate.

See, I knew I liked you. Anyone who didn’t pick cashews has never had chocolate covered cashews.