White America doesn't understand democracy

It was a tactical victory at best, and they’re digging in for the inevitable counterattack.

I apologize for the lack of melanin in my skin.

Stupid racist rubbish.

pon-tif-i-cate: verb: to speak in a pompous or dogmatic manner

Yes. White America doesn’t understand democracy, neither do you, and tragically neither do the persecuted.

What is this thread about?

Jesus Christ, rich Republican Naperville turns blue for the first time in ever, and that’s not enough for you???

I want to know what democracy is, I want you to show me
I want to feel what democracy is, I know you can show me

As best as I can tell, asahi is just giving himself one more opportunity to laugh at everyone who thinks there might be hope for America short of armed revolution.

I’m not a big fan of cynicism in the first place, but some cynics are at least interesting. asahi is just tiresome.

I was thinking he was getting to the point of having earned a Pit thread of his own. He’s saved me the trouble of starting one, AFAIAC, because here it is.

I think it’s appropriate, in a thread about democracy, to interpret “White America doesn’t…” as “the majority of white America doesn’t…”. And interpreted in that way, the OP is absolutely, 100% true. The majority of white Americans (especially straight white male nominally-Christian Americans) interpret it as an an aberration when anyone outside of their group has any say in how the country is run, and feel they need to “take their country back again” in order to “make America great again”.

No - we really did. Controlling the House is officially a big deal. I’m willing to grant that this is a tactical victory - we have a long way to go yet - but tactics, matter.

Has asahi ever suggested any reasonable courses of action for those of us on the left side of the political spectrum? All I ever see is where he craps over everyone else for believing that we’re not all doomed.

“And I don’t know whether I want white America to remember or fortoget*, that Jesus Christ was the first nonviolent revolutionary.”
-Stephen Stills, on Four Way Street

*No really, that’s what he says. :slight_smile:

ETA: Then adds, “Dig it, dig it, right on, dig it.” It was The Sixties, man. :wink:

I’d love to see you attempt to prove that. It’s such a sweeping, absolute statement that it is almost certainly not true. Most white Americans think it’s “an aberration when anyone outside of their group has any say in how the country is run”. Emphasis added in case you don’t see where your statement is “absolute”.

And just to be clear, “straight white male nominally Christians” are a minority of white Americans. But feel free to try and prove your even less sweeping statement, too.

I basically agree with Dibble on this, although I think looking at this election in terms of one side “winning” is overly simplistic.

In a multi-faceted election like we just had, I think it’s difficult to determine if one side won. The Democrats had some wins, for sure, but the Republicans had some, too. How you weight those wins in terms of an overall win depends on what type of analysis you do.

Apparently RBG had a fall. And broke three ribs. Will be surprised if she gets to 2021 as a justice.
Elections have consequences indeed. McConnell is probably rubbing one out right now.

Are you that lady in my Facebook neighborhood group? Because the odds of running into two transcendent spirits in one week are pretty slim.

Actually, it was those of us slumming in A Town that got Underwood in. Between Healthcare and Immigration issues, enough of us finally got out and voted.

Precisely.

So you, by your own criteria, have no idea what you’re talking about.