White Castle stuffing - any Dopers tried it?

I might give it a go. It’s super easy to make, and sounds pretty tasty to me.

I have a White Castle right around the corner from me, and they are open on Thanksgiving.

Have any of you made it or tried it?

recipe
mmm

I’ve never tried it - and honestly, I don’t want to.

Turducken becomes turcastle? Or turslider?

It sounds as thought it could be edible.

I’m doing a fig, sausage and brandy stuffing. We’ll see how it turns out.

Pulykamell said he tried itin the dressing v stuffing thread.
I expressed an interest in post 20 of that thread but haven’t ever had it.

It’s not as off-the-wall as it first sounds.

You remove the pickles. The soft bread should be fine, along with the grilled onions. You add sage, thyme, and celery. And the burger - well, plenty of recipes use sausage in their stuffing.

I’m gonna do it. I shall report back.
mmm

Sounds promising, mmm. Looking forward to your outcome.

I made it last year, and it was the first dish to run out at dinner (May have been the only dish to run out.) But we love our White Castle here. In the end, though, it’s a perfectly normal stuffing, well within traditional stuffing flavors. ETA: and ask for them without pickles to begin with. Don’t get it dressed and then remove them, lest some of that prickly flavor stays behind. If you are using frozen, it’s already pickleless.

I think I’m gonna stuff my turkey with deep dish pizza!

Just make sure the pizza has stuffed crust or else you’re not even trying.

I made it a few years ago, surprisingly mild. No one guessed it’s origins until I spilled the beans. Then everyone could taste the burgers.

Sliders. Yum. Unfortunately the closest White Castle is about a 45 minute drive.

I was orinignally going to say, if you didn’t tell anyone, nobody would notice. As said above, it’s just normal sage stuffing ingredients with beef instead of pork. Other than it’s made with a prepared fast food as an ingredient instead of cooking up you own sage sausage and putting your own bread or croutons in it, it’s the same thing. It’s more a gimmick than anything else, but it does make a nice stuffing. The onions White Castle uses gives it that little bit of White Castle distinctiveness, but if you didn’t know, you’d be hard pressed to guess it, I think.

Sliders (or sliders with brakes) aren’t just for breakfast anymore. :slight_smile:

We were treated to White Castle stuffed Thanksgiving turkey dinners some 15 to 20 years ago. Loved them. Tasted as good as our usual sage dressing. This recipe’s spices look similar with a dozen or so Whitey one-bites with onion, no pickle, no ketchup, no Düsseldorf mustard.

Someone made this for a work pitch in and didn’t tell anyone until after everyone had raved about it and finished it all. It was very good.

Am I weird for being tempted to leave the pickles in?

No, but I have had turducken. My cousin spent perfectly good money to get one about fifteen years ago. Not an experience I’d like to repeat. Just plain nasty.

Why did I think this was some sort of deviant anal thing? :confused:

With some thread titles it can happen. And now, thanks Gatopescado, my mind is running in that direction. Have to reel that back…
(In all sincerity) Happy Thanksgiving folks!

Technically, it actually is.