White House Roosevelt room books

What are those books on the fireplace mantle in the Roosevelt room? I think they have the presidents names on them but what’s in them?

It appears that they’re a recent change to the decor in that room — you can find pictures from the Obama and Trump administrations where there’s a clock on the mantelpiece instead.

I was wondering the same thing, but googling hasn’t shed any light for me. Teddy was a prolific writer for a politician, and it would be nice if the books on the mantel were some of his works.

I was in that room once. In my memory (flawed for sure) I recall seeing TR’s Nobel Peace Price on that mantel.

Yeah, I didn’t know what the OP was talking about, so I googled for pictures of the Roosevelt room, and the first few pictures I saw had me wondering “What books?” Then I saw the books in the background of photos of Joe Biden.

Took a bit of googling, but I was partially right (I was there in the Clinton era, so maybe things changed, this is from Obama’s website)

On the southeast wall hangs President Theodore Roosevelt’s Congressional Medal of Honor awarded posthumously on January 16, 2001 to honor his heroism in the Spanish-American War in 1898. To the left of the fireplace hangs President Theodore Roosevelt’s Nobel Peace Prize, awarded in 1906, for his mediation of the Russo-Japanese War peace settlement. This was the first Nobel Prize awarded to an American.

I had this question in the back of my mind, and while I was walking through the library of the college where I work, I think I found the answer. These collections of “Public Papers of the Presidents” look a lot like what I see back there in (for instance) an Instagram video posted by potus .
Like these: https://bookstore.gpo.gov/products/public-papers-presidents-united-states-george-w-bush-2001-book-2-july-1-december-31-2001

You are absolutely correct! Found it on Twitter/X under @ratemyskyperoom. Sorry they won’t let me post the photo-but it was posted 8:52 AM • 3/11/22 in X.