Whites who go hysterical about Race

A poster on my forum at www.AfricanCrisis.org, writing under the name John C. wrote the following:-

White people who get hysterical over “white racism” basically fall into one or more of several categories:

1. Those who have no ability to think for themselves and go along with whatever is bludgeoned into their head by the media, public school system, entertainment industry, etc.

2. People who really don’t care about blacks but realize that maintaining political correctness is the best way to guarantee success in their professional life.

3. Softheads (the worst offenders of which are women) who think they are making the world a better place by coddling every black and brown they come into contact with.

4. People who despise the society they live in (and often secretly despise blacks as well) but know that the proliferation and promotion of the Negro is the surest way to destroy Western society. This last category is key to understanding what is going on America and many other countries around the world. People like this are relatively small in number, but high in influence.

The most basic question you have to deal with in regards to the racism issue is the question of whether or not the races are the same. Lets take a gander:

Physically are the races the same? The obvious answer is no. There are hundreds if not thousands of physical differences between the races and many go well beyond the cosmetic. For anyone who doubts this, go pick up a few medical textbooks to peruse.

Intellectually are the races the same? Once again the obvious answer is no. Every widely accepted and scientifically devised IQ test shows that the races consistently score differently even when environmental factors are made as uniform as possible.

Behaviorally are the races the same? The answer to this is the same as that to the prior question. For those who doubt this I can only wonder whether they have ever spent an objective moment in their life observing the people of color in their environment?

Regardless of what you may have been taught, RACE IS NOT A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT! Biology is what determines the majority of what goes on in this world.

If the races are different, which they certainly are, this means you cannot change the racial makeup of a nation without affecting the quality of life in that nation.

Racism can therefore be seen as an expression of desire for a certain quality of life, and in that I think it is entirely legitimate.

Paging Og! Og, please report to thread #109946

The most basic question you have to deal with in regards to the peopleism issue is the question of whether or not people are the same. Lets take a gander:

Physically are people the same? The obvious answer is no. There are hundreds if not thousands of physical differences between people and many go well beyond the cosmetic. For anyone who doubts this, go pick up a few medical textbooks to peruse.

Intellectually are people the same? Once again the obvious answer is no. Every widely accepted and scientifically devised IQ test shows that people consistently score differently even when environmental factors are made as uniform as possible.

Behaviorally are people the same? The answer to this is the same as that to the prior question. For those who doubt this I can only wonder whether they have ever spent an objective moment in their life observing the people in their environment?

Regardless of what you may have been taught, PEOPLE ARE NOT A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT! Biology is what determines the majority of what goes on in this world.

If people are different, which they certainly are, this means you cannot change the people of a nation without affecting the quality of life in that nation.

Peopleism can therefore be seen as an expression of desire for a certain quality of life, and in that I think it is entirely legitimate.

Obviously, the solution is to get rid of all the people.

Janl, You seem to conviently forget about the biological and intelectual differences present in all humans, regardless of race. Care to explain why all of us white folks aren’t as smart as you?

Oh look…a Social Darwinist. I’ve never seen one before in the wild. How fascinating…

Bet you’re a big fan of eugenics, too, aren’t ya?

This is not true. Men and women are not the same, but yet this is not the central point about sexism and women’s liberation. Not being biologically identical means very little and our views of race are generally more based on social constructs than biology. Otherwise, it would stand to reason that views of what the races are and where they divide would not change quite so radically over time. This is not the case – it has not been very long since people of Irish or Italian decent were considered a different ‘race’ than Anglo-Saxons, for example.

This is true, but irrelevant. There are more differences within the ‘races’ than between them.

I don’t think this proves anything about race. The fact is that IQ tests are not culturally neutral, and race is a significant force in our culture regardless of biology.

What a useless statement! Have you not seen white people who show similar behavior to blacks because they have more experience with ‘black’ culture than with ‘white’ culture? Have you not met black people who were the same? Here in the Midwest (USA), black people tend to “act white” – that is, they have been raised to speak and act a certain way, and it is not the same as a black person raised in the inner city.

Your experiences are likely colored by your personal views. If you actually communicate with people in ways that make it impossible to see their race first, I bet you will find that it is nigh impossible to predict race in such a way. On both the phone and – moreso, because it reduces linguistic differences – the Internet, can you tell the race of others? Can you point out who is white and who is black here on the SDMB?

I believe that your views of behavior are stereotypical at best. Yes, there is, in America, a certain view of how ‘black people’ talk. It is hardly universal – speech, and to a certain extent behavior, are far more influenced by region. Put me on the phone with 10 native New Englanders and 10 native Southerners, and I bet I can tell you which are which. Put 10 white people and 10 black people from varying locales and backgrounds on the phone, and I doubt I’d guess much better than chance.

I really doubt that this is so. If that were the case, then cultures within ‘races’ would have few differences; in fact, this is not the case.

Why? People of different ‘races’ have superficial biological differences. So what? In order for your statement to be true, you would have to prove that race influences much more than what is currently known. Your statements about ‘watching people of color’ are anecdotal, sterotypical, offensive, and useless.

Bull. Your statements are nothing more than racist apologetics. Your desire is to ‘improve’ society by getting rid of ‘undesirables’. I don’t think I need to illustrate the many, many instances of the horrible effects that this philosophy has when it is implemented.

Must. Restrain. Fist. Of. Death.

• Tamerlane

Well, then, explain the differences in the so-called “White” race-because, I don’t think White is really a race, per se. I mean, you have you have your Slavs, your Celts, Teutons, Germanics, Latins, Anglos, Picts, um, what else-oh, your Magyars, etc.

And most people will think I’m nuts, but at one time, this WAS a big deal.

If the “medical” differences referred to are things like high blood pressure, sickle cell, and shorter average lifespan, aren’t those based entirely on cultural factors such as diet, access to health care, living in high-crime areas, etc.? Isn’t heredity the only genetic factor, and therefore not so much due to race but your family background?

As for intellectual differences, does anyone know of IQ studies that showed the same “bell curve” when results were mapped for other superficial things like height, hair color, etc? (Is “intelligence” as specious a word as “race?” Another argument entirely, I suppose.)

Not that I’m swayed in the least by the thuggery of the OP, I’d just like to know if there’s any biological basis (other than appearance) for defining humanity in terms of races.

This has passed from being offensive into high comedy. Nobody talks like this anymore. It’s, it’s . . . quaint.

Max Harvey
I believe there is a thread on this exact topic here
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109876

Let’s not muck up the pristine irrationality of the OP with a reasonable, intelligent question, Ok?

This was written yesterday. I thought you weren’t going to post here anymore?

Yet you continue to grace us with your presence…

But I thought racism was a myth fabricated by commie scum? So now you’re saying it exists and it’s a GOOD thing?

Lawdhamercy! I’s so confused! Those softheads done coddled me so good I don’t know if I’m comin’ or goin’!

All of us blacks and browns should stop pretending we’re humans and let the white folk run the world. We have some nerve thinking we could be PEOPLE.

[sub]Hmmmm…I wonder if softheads are behind the soft bigotry of low expectations. [/sub]

Three words into your post and you’ve already asked for something that’s never, ever gonna happen, Guin.

Ah, but minty-you forget that I’m an idealist and an optimist at heart.

I suppose after this, we should add masochist to the list as well.

[Moderator Hat ON]

Since you posted another person’s post entire without (so far as I can tell) aquiring permission to do so, and the OP is meaningless if said post is deleted, I am locking this thread. If you have a point, you can make it in your own words, or brief excerpts of another’s.

[Moderator Hat OFF]