Who are our current "Abe Vigodas"? (people you might be surprised to learn are still alive)

I was reminded yesterday of one of my favorite shows from my childhood; The Hollywood Squares. I just checked and found out that Peter Marshall is still alive at 96.

For my money, she would have been been the perfect choice to play Aunt May in a Spider-Man movie.

Maybe she could still pull it off if they make another one. Here she is in the trailer for her latest film (from 2014):

(She’s the old woman who’s constantly smoking.)

Thank you, she is a perfect example. She was only 50-55 while playing Cliff’s mother.

She is 17 years older than John Ratzenburger, but it was very clear she was playing an older woman than she really was. I had no idea she was not 65-70.

That’s very gratifying to hear, coming from the OP!

Even today you’d be hard pressed to say she wasn’t 65 to 70. Look at the trailer I just posted—does that look like an 84-year-old woman to you? She seems barely older than her co-star, Michael Douglas. A bit wrinklier, sure, but just as sprightly.

Just saw that Rich Little turns 84 today. That’s not especially old but it’s been so long since I’d heard about him that I just would’ve assumed he died years ago.

I nominated him back in June of 2021:

There was another impersonator who specifically impersonated John Kennedy. After Kennedy died, and of course died so dramatically, his impersonator found it hard to get work.

Vaughn Meader was his name, I just looked it up.

We had his album – loved it. “The rubber duck is mine.”

I just noticed that Mamie van Doren (who was in Sex Kittens Go to College) will be turning 92 in a couple months.

I just noticed that Robert Wagner is already there!

Famed actor and voiceover artist James Earl Jones is 91 years old.

I kind of think a lot of people know he’s still alive, though. Maybe not, though.

Rich Little - who is from my home town - dropped off the radar because he just didn’t keep up with the new generation. He was kind of big back in the day. Today, there are many who do better impressions of today’s stars than Little did in my opinion. Rich did impressions of Jack Benny and Richard Nixon for example where the voice was OK, he just exaggerated the hand movements and manerisms. He even said himself “how do you imitate Brad Pitt?”

He was already mentioned twice - in posts #252 and #345.

Buzz Aldrin has already been mentioned upthread, but it’s worth noting that not only is he still alive, he just got married on his 93rd birthday! He was wed to Anca Faur, age 63, who is the executive vice president of Aldrin’s company, Buzz Aldrin Ventures.

Henry Kissinger has just turned 100 and is not only alive, but fairly active, travelling and writing.

He is older than Anne Frank and Martin Luther King, Jr.

They are dead and yet, he lives.

He was mentioned in the third post of this thread, back when he was a young man of 97.

Only a master diplomat could craft that good a deal with the devil. Mind you, looking back on the 70s, the devil came out okay, too.